Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac DTS
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my rear tires are eating the outer edges, the bushings are shot in the control arms. My question is, has anyone tried to replace the bushings themselves? I was looking at a site that provides custom bushings based upon you sizing them with a Caliper https://www.energysuspensionparts.com/energy-suspension-universal-polyurethane-bushings.asp . Apparently they cant be bought oem, you have to replace the arms themselves. They are connected to the cross member. Now the one bolt that is in the wheel well cannot be removed without dropping the cross member, because there is no way to back the bolt out without hitting the inside body of the car. My idea, is the cut that bolt head and remove it backwards, and the new bolt cut abit off the end so it will fit in the opposite direction. Maybe ideas before I endeavor this project?
control arm.png

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac DTS
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
SO I am assuming nobody has DIYed rear control arms on this vehicle? I just wanna know if anyone thinks my above idea is feasible or not. I did my front control arms, kinda same issues, you couldn't remove the bolts without lowering the Kframe, cut the heads off the bolts, and upon reassembly, put them backwards.

·
Registered
2002 Deville and 2009 DTS
545 Posts
Did you measure and make sure the bolt will fit the other way?
I would make sure the bolt will have enough gap on the other side before it goes in.
If so, I would think you should be fine.

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac DTS
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you measure and make sure the bolt will fit the other way?
I would make sure the bolt will have enough gap on the other side before it goes in.
If so, I would think you should be fine.
Thanks for the response. It wont as is, I planned to either cut the bolt length down or get a shorter bolt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts