Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Seville SLS 140k miles
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
01 SLS. :thehand: Recently my car was raised up all the way in the rear due to a faulty exhaust valve in the air compressor. Now that my ride is back to normal ride height im noticing a clunk sound coming from the back of the car. The sound occurs at even the slowest of speeds if the road isnt perfectly smooth. Can an air shock go bad? Any suggestions as to what I should check? were talking about a car with 140k. Thanks in advance

SUB - i know your reading this :welcome: hahaha hopefully you know the fix to this one too

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
87,112 Posts
Check the control arm bushings. Or are they called knuckle bushings? I forget, but you get the idea.

·
Registered
2001 Seville SLS 140k miles
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how would I check them? might seem like a dumb question lol i just dont know much about cars. Big money? Also..this might be unrelated but im pretty sure the noise became very noticeable once I fixed my air ride and the car was back to normal. when the air shocks were maxed out the noise was not as noticeable

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
87,112 Posts
You are going to have to get the car up on a lift or at least ramps and have someone bounce it while you watch the pivot points and look and listen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts