Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Deville Concours 4.6 - 170,000 miles
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, can anybody please tell me how many rear center hydraulic brake hoses are on a 95 Deville and specify also the location if would be an easy DIY?
I'm aware about the rear left and right ones and I have already changed myself the front ones. I hope rear ones all change same easy...

Thank you, much appreciated.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks a lot. I can see the rear left and right ones( #50 and the other one which is detailed on the far left upper corner of the picture). The center one might be #49 and probably there are 2 of them like center left and right. Probably best I can do is to look for it when I'll change rear left and right hoses. I have already bought only one rear center hose was like $3 from rockauto, just wanted to be prepared and have it handy so in case I'll be able to find it and have a reach on it to replace this one too.

Meanwhile I'll need to get myself the special hose wrench...Would anybody remember what size this special wrench should be?

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,783 Posts
Hose wrench?
If you are talking about a flare nut wrench, I'd just buy a set. When you need one, there is just no substitute.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Oh, thanks this are the ones sorry for my interpretation... SAE or metric?. 5/8 fits the nut on the hose but not sure if this is the same size with the one on the hard line that I'll actually disconnect from but a set will give some size coverage anyway. I see sets of 6, 9, or 12 SAE+metric. Probably a small set 6 pc sae+metric which runs like 20 bucks will cover me for now. Opinion?
Thank you Ranger.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,783 Posts
SAE or metric?
:noidea:

I have a 3 wrench set (one on each end making it six wrenches). It's SAE (purchased decades ago) and is all I have ever needed......................so far.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts