Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Cadillac SRX AWD Luxury
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have advice on how to resolve an issue with the REAR CAMERA VISION SYSTEM? I HAVE A 2013 SRX and the QUE SCREEN intermittently displays the message: Service Rear Camera Vision System. The camera will intermittently display on the QUE screen: a blank screen, parameter lines only, or the camera will engage while shifting but not when shift is engaged in reverse. Sometimes, the camera will display as nothing is wrong with the system. I am older and not mechanically inclined, I need the camera to safely maneuver the car since it is new to me, having driven it 2,000 miles in 7 months. Any advise before I schedule it for service?

·
Registered
2011 SRX4 3.0 Engine
1,000 Posts
sounds to me like the rear camera is going out? could be a flaky camera or a bad connection, there are several threads on this if you search, its not a difficult repair, but if you feel you are not up to it, just take to a regular GM dealer and not a Caddy dealer - unless you have wads of money that are hoping to rid yourself of ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Does anyone have advice on how to resolve an issue with the REAR CAMERA VISION SYSTEM? I HAVE A 2013 SRX and the QUE SCREEN intermittently displays the message: Service Rear Camera Vision System. The camera will intermittently display on the QUE screen: a blank screen, parameter lines only, or the camera will engage while shifting but not when shift is engaged in reverse. Sometimes, the camera will display as nothing is wrong with the system. I am older and not mechanically inclined, I need the camera to safely maneuver the car since it is new to me, having driven it 2,000 miles in 7 months. Any advise before I schedule it for service?
I replaced mine camera. It wasn't too hard. I am a 60 y/o woman and got it done myself. The replacement camera was about $104

·
Registered
12 Posts

Here is the quick and easy method. I had a little bit of trouble getting the old camera out as I have arthritis, but since I had the new one, I didn't worry about breaking the tabs that held it in. Then with a bit of force with a pair of pliers, it did come out.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I replaced mine camera. It wasn't too hard. I am a 60 y/o woman and got it done myself. The replacement camera was about $104
Thanks for the reply, I will give it a look and research for a replacement camera model. I'm curious if you noticed a difference in the picture clarity on the new camera.

Appreciate you,
dwgjcks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Here is the quick and easy method. I had a little bit of trouble getting the old camera out as I have arthritis, but since I had the new one, I didn't worry about breaking the tabs that held it in. Then with a bit of force with a pair of pliers, it did come out.
So awesome of you to send the video link, thanks a lot.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for the reply, I will give it a look and research for a replacement camera model. I'm curious if you noticed a difference in the picture clarity on the new camera.

Appreciate you,
dwgjcks
Oh yes! Very much so! Tut was gettungbfery hard to decipher what things were. Now they are crystal clear and in color again!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
I received my monthly surprise ( from whom else?) from Caddy... info message CUE show about needs to service rear view. service notice pop up irregularly.
my camera runs in black&white and resolution is drastically...bad Since I took a Caddy.

my understanding the camera replacement is enough and no extra programming, resetting, modules friendship adjustment, etc. Are required.

I hope I need to pay only USD 150 ( rear GMC camera price here, same Part # as mentioned in referred YouTube video) . Replacement is a 3 minutes work

Automotive design Display device Output device Plant Gas

Plant Automotive design Gadget Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

1 - 10 of 10 Posts