Cadillac Owners Forum banner
141 - 160 of 198 Posts

· Registered
2020, Cadillac XT6
4 Posts
I too had this very annoying problem with my new 2021 XT-5. Took it to the dealer armed with a copy of the info posted here about replacing the kinked coax cable. Tried to get the service writer to take it, to give to the technician. He politely refused and said "They'll know what to look for." Yeah, yeah, yeah, I've heard that one before. Of COURSE they didn't look for the bulletin, nothing got replaced, and the problem wasn't fixed. When I took the car back for Round 2, I dealt with a different service writer, MADE him take the copy of the bulletin info, and told him in no uncertain terms "Don't bother calling me until you get this fixed." I guess he "heard" me, because now they found the problem in record time, ordered the new cable, and replaced it. Problem solved, works perfectly now. Why oh why do they treat their customers like they're idiots? Or is it just that they don't want to admit that the people who drive their cars are often more in touch with the issues than they are?

Anyway, thanks to everyone who has contributed to this board and the forums in general. Not my first time here!
My dealer has tried twice to fix this problem on my XT6 without success. I just spoke to the service department letting them know that it looks like someone has figured this problem out and I'd like to bring my car in to have this corrected once and for all. I told said, "...surely you're getting a lot of complaints about this so I assume you've also figured this out by now." He denied any knowledge of ever hearing of this problem. I then said, "there are hundreds of people posting online about this exact issue." His very condescending response was, "...if you post anything online, of course you'll get hundreds of people complaining." I'm looking forward to raising hell when I bring my car in as I just don't have time to deal with arrogance and ego even though they've tried and failed twice.

· Registered
2 Posts
My dealer has tried twice to fix this problem on my XT6 without success. I just spoke to the service department letting them know that it looks like someone has figured this problem out and I'd like to bring my car in to have this corrected once and for all. I told said, "...surely you're getting a lot of complaints about this so I assume you've also figured this out by now." He denied any knowledge of ever hearing of this problem. I then said, "there are hundreds of people posting online about this exact issue." His very condescending response was, "...if you post anything online, of course you'll get hundreds of people complaining." I'm looking forward to raising hell when I bring my car in as I just don't have time to deal with arrogance and ego even though they've tried and failed twice.
I just had my xt5 in at the dealership as well for this issue. I took them the service order that someone so kindly posted on here.
They took it and probably didn't even read it. I explained to them that updates have not fixed the issue as multiple people posted online. Guess what...they did an update and probably screwed something up because the xt5 was not taking the update it kept crashing. Even though my cameras were working most of the time...occasionally getting the error, but with the update issue they were having the cameras don't work at all now.
Took it back in for them to try the update again and they said it's not updating because of a bad video control module. That is on order now and once that is replaced they said it should update and fix the camera issues. Reviewing prior posts some people had this done but the issue came back....the fix is the cable replacement which I informed them multiple times.
I think they are doing this because everytime you take it in for service they get reimbursed from GM...but this is causing issues for me and my work since they've had my vehicle for 2 whole days once the part gets here it will be 3 days....and it probably will not be fixed.

I regret taking it in so early should've waited.

· Registered
24 Posts
Well. Add me to the list 2020 XT6 Platinum. 70k bucks. Glad I leased this POS.

So far - rear hatch panel stamping caused ripples above where the license plate is. They had to straighten it out. Also had to repaint the hood other paint issues. Then trim on rear hatch wouldn't seat on right side. Replaced with new.

THEN the trans started leaking. Unreal. Fixed it. Apparently its common on the 9spd.

NOW? Today cameras went out. Not only the cameras but also the video recorder. Noticed it when I was trying to figure wth happened to the back up camera? The camera button does nothing.

Spoke to service. Have to wait 10 days for another 3 row loaner (3 car seats).

my first caddy in 12 years and will be my last.. never ever EVER again what a pos.

I've had nothing but top of the line GMCs and Chevys including two new C7 Z06s. On the lost for the C8 Z06 when it comes out. I am so disgusted by this Cadillac Idk if ik gonna go through with the C8.. this is the wife's car. Which is the absolute LAST thing anyone wants to deal with.

also have an annoying slight rattle from the drivers seat belt adjustable mechanism which is so f ing annoying as the rest of the car is tomb quiet. I'll make sure to bring that up.

The dealer I bought it from is 75miles away and I refuse to have the local 3 caddy dealers be tortured by this particular pos. That ride there and back is what reminds me for the lease end if it makes it that far.. never again.

** almost forgot. Had to call mgr back because the wife reminded me about driver information screen (in between the speedo and tach but under the line where the digital speedo is) has gone out while driving 3x in last 2 days (can't be coincidence) and the 4 way camera screen has been popping up while driving 35 40mph down the road for 10 to 15 seconds at a clip..

F ing junk box shithole.

· Registered
1 Posts
So some people are being told that the 2021s do not have the issue, yet parts are unavailable to fix current ones. So how were the 2021s manufactured with newly designed and manufactured parts, but those exact same parts are supposedly not been available for months, and possibly for several weeks more? 2021s started building summer 2020. Sounds like BS that the 2021s are fixed.

Max
Good day everyone, just to let you know that I have a XT5 2021 purchased earlier this year and as of today my back up camera while in reverse displays a NO CAMERA icon!!!!!! I guess they haven’t resolved this issue yet

· Premium Member
2020 XT5 Premlux, 2023 CT4 Lux (2019 XTS PremLux traded)
490 Posts
My 2019 XT4 surround vision and camera have blanked out maybe 10x times when backing in 7 months of ownership.
I bought it new. Never in my XTS.
My question is with all the problems GM has with the unsolvable camera's issues and the unsolvable problems with CUE in XTS with NAV and radio does anyone really trust something like Super-cruise or self driving to the same programers and engineers?
They both use cameras and NAV. I wouldn't trust Super Cruise etc myself.
Just a thought.
I really love both my XT4 and XTS other than these issues.

· Registered
2020 CT6 Premium Luxury; 2009 DTS Premium Luxury; 2009 STS V6 AWD & 2002/2000 Eldorado ETC (traded)
758 Posts
My 2019 XT4 surround vision and camera have blanked out maybe 10x times when backing in 7 months of ownership.
I bought it new. Never in my XTS.
My question is with all the problems GM has with the unsolvable camera's issues and the unsolvable problems with CUE in XTS with NAV and radio does anyone really trust something like Super-cruise or self driving to the same programers and engineers?
They both use cameras and NAV. I wouldn't trust Super Cruise etc myself.
Just a thought.
I really love both my XT4 and XTS other than these issues.
SuperCruise uses LiDAR map data, GPS as well as sensors and cameras and has been available since 2018 with no major problems unlike Tesla's Autopilot. It uses Adaptive Cruise Control so if you use that, then you're already experienced some of the self-driving features.

What is the problem with CUE in the XTS? I know some of the older ones had cracked screens.

· Registered
12 Posts
I had the same issue and work was fone on it. However i am still having issues. I startded keeping records on when i have image issues. I noticed that on hot days the driver camera sends back images with a blue hue. I am vsry disapli ted to have to visit service considering it is a bran new vehicle and it already has issues and a recal.
This feels like a different issue from the problem with the surround video system I dealt with. I know the surround video and Rear vision camera have separate components.

· Registered
2 Posts

We bought a 2020 XT6 Demo from a Cadillac dealership (Ft. Worth, TX) with 6,000 miles on it 3 days ago. Only had the car one day before the camera went black and stopped working. Now it comes and goes. My husband took it in and they said they had to order a cable and it would be a few weeks! Why are they having to order this cable when GM knows this is happening all over?? The cables should be at every dealership ready to fix these new expensive cars!!!

· Registered
24 Posts
My 2020 Platinum has been at the dealer since the 10th for the camera issue and some other electrical DIC screen issues.

Got the call yesterday they are no closer to figuring it out. In fact, they replaced ALL THE COMPONENTS Cadillac recommended (as i opened an executive case before dropping it off this time) and still no good. Wires modules etc.

Now they requested an engineer take over the case. I said no problem (20 days left, sorry 19.. then it will be gone).

This car is the biggest pos I ever bought new. And after my new Corvettes the most expensive GM I ever purchased. It just takes gm too f ing long to get things right through any of these generations. My 16 Z06 was 3rd model year into the C7 and was worse than the 14 C7s for issues. The late 19 I had was much better. I think a 2023 or 2024 XT6 will be good. But these things are huge POS. They really are.

· Registered
1 Posts
So very disappointed. I purchased a 2015 Buick Enclave new in 2015 as an "interim" car waiting for the XT6 to finally hit the market. After waiting 6 years for the XT6, I thought I had finally purchased my dream car. Nope, nightmare car. Have only owned it 7 weeks and already having issue with back camera. I scheduled with local Caddy dealer, but when making the appointment said they had never heard of the issue, and treated me like I was an idiot. I will update as the situation develops.

The 6 year old Buick was a far superior car to the brand new XT6, and I would take it back in a heartbeat if that was an option.

· Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone! Like everyone else, my 2020 xt6 camera went out!!! Bought it last wed and by that sun, the camera was gone! Took to caddy on wed and got it back today, with the 19-na-076 bulletin completed..... praying this will fix the issue!

· Registered
24 Posts
Congrats mine has been in for more than. 2 weeks. Field service tech is allegedly inspecting my XT6 Platinum with a whopping 4k miles.

By Tuesday it will ha e gone over the 20 days needed for lemon law and thats the route I'm going. This car has been a pos since day one. Trans leaking hood repainted. Liftgate panel issues I terror and exterior camera now and even my instrument cluster (all w video proof).

Never had an actual lemon and I've owned maybe 20 new vehicles majority of which were GM since 04 including two 100k corvettes. Unreal this Cadillac is. Even the brand new 21 loaner XT6 with 84 miles on it is doing a brake system check numerous times while driving (feels like abs kicks in slightly) junk.

I don't know where I'm going but unless they make it IMPOSSIBLE to resist I am trying another brand. I'm tired of it.

· Registered
24 Posts
Got the call today. Day 21.. the car is fixed (so they say). Allegedly it was "just the coaxial cable" needing to be replaced.

And the video recording system not working (which all started at the exact same time) was the SD card being corrupted (or how about the video recording system or shorted coaxial cable corrupted the SD card which is much more likely since I've had 2 pdr systems in my corvettes and never had this issue - not to mention the SD card in the Cadillac is BRAND NEW).

I removed the SD card on several occasions when this started and it made Zero difference.

They also replaced the radio "behind the screen" to address the information blacking out on the DIC when listening to XM.

I went over my records for this car which I've owned for 7 mos now and has 4400 miles. It has been at the shop for more than 50 days for trans leak (10 days) refinishing the hood and liftgate and body work (10 days) and now the cameras / video recording system and stereo.

I will 100% be requesting my money back or a BRAND new platinum. I have more than enough for NJ Lemon law. The last visit alone was over 20 days which is the threshold (backup camera is a safety issue mandated years ago by the govt).

I will post updates as I go.

Just going to make sure when I pick the car up in the am all is fixed and I get my repair order receipt for my records.

I will avoid going to an attorney up front and give gm the chance to do what is right.

But I can assure you of this. I will not be keeping this car unless they make me an offer I can't refuse... I'm done with this particular one. From day 1 it was screwed. And if they give me all my money back? I won't be buying another gm with it.

· Registered
24 Posts
Picked the car up. Had to bring it back as they didn't address two smaller things (one ended up being weatherstripping on the driver's doors running while driving causing the most annoying rattle twitch sound.. took me and the service manager all of 5 minutes during a drive with me in the back seat to pinpoint it and have it addressed.

And ever since I got the car back for the trans leak I have been hearing a sort of heatshield rattle sound on acceleration from low speed or stopping especially when making a turn. They bent some heat shields out of the way so far better. But not gone.

The cameras are working. All seems good.

But here's the kicker.

Gm field tech in conjunction with engineering (neither of whom KNEW there was an SD card slot in the car..ureal) have decided that the SD card was corrupted and thats what caused the video recording system AND ALL THE CAMERAS to not work.

Sure it was.... I told him that to eliminate the SD card I removed it several times one time for 2 days and it made ZERO difference. So again, the system corrupted the card.

They replaced the radio and video module the coaxial cable everyone speaks about and some other things.

I even said if thats the case why not put the old parts back in and prove it? Thats when he said gm is blaming you... I said I would hope not. I bought and installed the card the owners manual recommended...

Another thing he said was that when that card gets full it didn't rewrite itself and that was another problem.

I said who's fault is that?
.why would they tie the BACKUP CAMERA REQUIRED BY LAW into some optional video recorder? He obviously doesn't know.

I am waiting for exec office call back.

I am standing fast with replacement platinum BRAND NEW or my cash back.

The aggravation? I'm done. Now I have it back and what next? 51 days out of service on 3 occasions 2 of those equalling 41 days for serious safety and mechanical issues... I just don't trust this example.

I'll upload the work order late on.

Pain in the ass.

· Registered
'21 XT6, '19 XT5, '17 GMC Sierra 6.2
2,181 Posts
Even the brand new 21 loaner XT6 with 84 miles on it is doing a brake system check numerous times while driving (feels like abs kicks in slightly) junk.
So I’m now driving a ‘21 XT6 and I honestly miss my Escalade so badly. But I have this brake issue too. Turns out that noise that sounds like ABS kicking in is actually a problem with the brake pad material making a chattering noise after the vehicle sits for a while (like overnight). I hear it every day. GM has a service bulletin for that issue and they are working on getting a new brake pad set out this summer.
Besides not really liking my XT6 (compared to the Escalade) that’s the only issue I’ve had so far.

· Registered
2 Posts
Finally bought a Cadillac. Took delivery of a late Sept, 2020 XT5 loaded - was a dealer demo w/ 19xx miles on it - never titled, so a new purchase AFA GM warranty is concerned. The backup camera stopped working today, 30 hous after I drove off the lot. I’ve raised the rear gate three times.

The complaint threads on this Forum seriously concern me.

· Registered
23 Posts
To anyone reading… run far and fast…

I posted afew times some months ago. Well, after 9 months of hell, GM took the car back and I got all of my money minus Florida Lemon Law use back. Including the maintenance plan as well.

what a horrible electronics platform used in many vehicles and a brand that utterly is useless and doesn’t stand behind or know how to fix anything they produce. Not just the XT6, it’s across the range of models.

Good luck to all, but I couldn’t stand for the constant issues that take months/years to solve for vehicles on the road already.

I also hear that new Escalades are blowing up and needed top-end rebuilds or entire engine replacements.
I’m sorry but I’m staying far away from the brand. First car with them and I will never ever go back.
The dealers are great, the brand is horrible and after the 400th bankruptcy, there’s nobody around who knows how to make a car anymore.

· Registered
5 Posts
Good news, cable replaced in January and camera's are working since then. Since then everything's working except the recorder. Keeps telling me card is missing? I unplug the card and reinstall, works for awhile. Next time I use the car and check the recorder "card is missing or install card". Since I don't use the feature it not that great a problem. Considering it took 10 months to resolve the camera issue I am happy to be able to drive the car.

141 - 160 of 198 Posts