Cadillac Owners Forum banner
181 - 198 of 198 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
I took delivery on September 6, 2020. My camera issues have been about the same as everyone else's. The camera screen goes black, but only sometimes. Also, when switching from the navigation system to the music icon, the screen shuts off, again, only sometimes. I am wondering what safety device will fail while I'm driving. We all get used to the bells and whistles. I'm taking it to the dealer tomorrow. I don't expect a better answer than everyone else has received from their local Cadillac dealers. We shall see...
Same problem, any one can help ?

· Registered
3 Posts
Occasionally when selecting Reverse on my XT6 the center screen will be black with only a camera symbol with a line through it instead of a rear camera view. Shifting to Drive still gives a black screen, no front view either. Restarting the engine may or may not restore normal camera. Dealer found no problem but reprogrammed the feature, with no improvement. Has anyone else experienced this issue, and has it been resolved?
Looks like i will never buy a Cadillac again
[/QUOTE]

· Registered
1 Posts
Occasionally when selecting Reverse on my XT6 the center screen will be black with only a camera symbol with a line through it instead of a rear camera view. Shifting to Drive still gives a black screen, no front view either. Restarting the engine may or may not restore normal camera. Dealer found no problem but reprogrammed the feature, with no improvement. Has anyone else experienced this issue, and has it been resolved?
I’m experiencing the same issue in my Xt5. It’s been going on for months and I’ve had the car for just under a year.

· Registered
1 Posts
I just purchased a 2020 xt6 certified preowned. I have the same issue. I've only had it 2 months. Also the 3rd row seat won't work. I think I better get rid of the car. Disappointed in Cadillac. That's it, no more American made cars for me.

· Premium Member
2020 XT5 Premlux, 2023 CT4 Lux (2019 XTS PremLux traded)
490 Posts
My XT5 is now doing this everyday also (black screen, camera logo line through it. ) There's a TSB from Cadillac, make sure to tell your service adviser to look it up it the same issue XT5-6. TSB: PIC6420C
Bad cable as mentioned earlier in this thread.
Mine is going in Tues hope it works.

· Registered
6 Posts
I own a 2020 XT5. At about 620 miles in, my rearview camera began failing. That was in about March 2020. We are now at 4/22 and I still have the problem. Most likely cause (in my opinion based on experience) is the Video Processing Module (VPM). BTW, I had the rear camera replaced to no avail (except when they put it back, they did not secure the housing correctly..does not effect image). Then they wanted to replace the coax (I think its a coaxial cable) but the part(s) were on back order. This service advisory (https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10167475-9999.pdf) is in reference to another vehicle but addresses same issues. I had my VPM reprogrammed but did not correct the problem. Good luck.

· Premium Member
2020 XT5 Premlux, 2023 CT4 Lux (2019 XTS PremLux traded)
490 Posts
Rex, They have ordered 2 cables for mine and told me it will take about 2-3 hours to put in. The cables are in the area of the passenger side kick panel and under dash/glovebox. I'm also waiting for them to come in.

· Registered
1 Posts
When backing out of garage backup camera starts to go dark and by the time I am in my driveway the screen is virtually black. Took it to dealer twice and they stated the it is working properly and when I stop and wait 25 seconds the camera will lighten back up so that you can see. So when backing out of garage you can stop for 25 seconds and then you can see what you ran into.

· Registered
1 Posts
This has become a widespread issue for all 2020 XT5s and XT6s. Replacing the modules has not proven to fix this yet. I’m betting this is a software issue that they haven’t quite worked out yet. But I bet they are working on a fix. These things do take time, unfortunately. And it leaves the dealers in the dark on what actually going on.
You're right. In my 3/2020 XT5 it happens sometimes. Once a month, or two months. Service has no clue. I can live with this, no big problem.

· Registered
6 Posts
Rex, They have ordered 2 cables for mine and told me it will take about 2-3 hours to put in. The cables are in the area of the passenger side kick panel and under dash/glovebox. I'm also waiting for them to come in.
Well, today is May 14, 2022. I took my vehicle to my local dealer on May 5, 2022 to once again ask for a fix for my backup camera issue (I have about 5700 miles on the odometer). They gave me a rental while the vehicle was being worked on (cable replacement) which was fine. Anyways, 8 business days later I get my 2020 XT5 PL (premium Luxury) back. They had washed the vehicle and it looked great. I got into the vehicle and just for the hell of it, put it into reverse to see how the new camera and the cables would function....black screen with the two symbols. I yelled at a lot guy to please go get the SA and a few minutes later she came out so I could show her that the cam is still failing. She called her tech guy out so he could see the problem also. He went into my info system and determined that a software update was needed (so, in 8 days at the dealer and the tech who did the work could not have done a software update?). So, now I had to make another appt. to get the software update but the first appt time was Thursday, 19th of May. BTW, a problem which I have never had before appeared. The tech guy told me to shut my vehicle off as the radio continued to play...the vehicle was off and the drivers door was wide open with the SA standing there. I am almost afraid to have them do the "update" considering the horror stories I have read here. I hope Morganga that their estimate of 2-3 hours is a believable one. Mine took eight days. BTW, for anyone else who is having these problems, keep your phone handy and take pics every time there is a failure. Time and date stamps should be activated in your phone camera app so you can prove the fault to your SA. I was going to buy a 2023 Lyriq because I love the styling but man, with all the crap I have had to put up with, not at all certain I will stay with Cadillac despite liking my XT5 very much (ride quality and comfort and styling).

· Registered
'21 XT5 Prem-Lux w/ Platinum
1,655 Posts
BTW, a problem which I have never had before appeared. The tech guy told me to shut my vehicle off as the radio continued to play...the vehicle was off and the drivers door was wide open with the SA standing there.
If you have an active data plan on the vehicle it is downloading its own update. New CUE does that and will keep system active until complete. Not a concern, there is a thread on that in the XT5 forum because people were worried about their new XT5 CUEs not shutting off upon opening door.

Max

· Registered
2020 XT6 Sport AWD
30 Posts
Rear camera has been working on my 20 since they did the fix on the 3rd attempt. Pulled the car into dealer for regular maintenance and side camera issue notification came on. Dealer found faults but nothing wrong. Tired of the reliability of this vehicle, with all the false tire low pressure warnings, rattles and the shuddering when I start moving once in a while. Had enough so traded it in on a Palisade on Friday. Miss the CUE but that is about all. Shouldn't have to go to a dealer so much for a new car. Life is too short to worry about dealing with a crap car.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #195 ·
Occasional black screen with camera symbol has started recurring. This was an ongoing problem on my 2020 XT6 from March 2020 until GM finally sent a new cable to replace the offending one in March 2021. Now in July 2022 same symptom has started occurring again. Visited my dealer today, Service Advisor searched and found a new bulletin dated 6/22/2022 (don't know the number) that describes the issue and the fix is stated to be a software update. Appointment is scheduled for July 18, we will see if that fixes it this time.

· Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone been able to figure out the root cause of this? I’ve had my 2020 Xt6 for 6 months and it’s been into service 4 times now with two video module replacements and is still not working.

13,031 Posts
Has anyone been able to figure out the root cause of this? I’ve had my 2020 Xt6 for 6 months and it’s been into service 4 times now with two video module replacements and is still not working.
This is certainly not what we like to hear, Hannahmarshall25. Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your 2020 XT6. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: Hannahmarshall25/Cadillac Forums in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s privacy policy, please visit Privacy Statement | General Motors.

Privacy Statement | General Motors
Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com

· Registered
2017 XT5
26 Posts
I have a 2023 XT6 with less than a 1000 miles on it, and this just started, somewhat intermittent so far, happened 3 times in the past 4 days...but the screen always comes back.. I know this thread has some age on it, but did anyone get a fix from the dealer?

181 - 198 of 198 Posts