Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Occasionally when selecting Reverse on my XT6 the center screen will be black with only a camera symbol with a line through it instead of a rear camera view. Shifting to Drive still gives a black screen, no front view either. Restarting the engine may or may not restore normal camera. Dealer found no problem but reprogrammed the feature, with no improvement. Has anyone else experienced this issue, and has it been resolved?

·
Registered
2016 Escalade ESV, 2017 GMC Sierra 6.2
1,558 Posts
If there is no front or reverse camera image, I would assume the next step would be to look at the video/camera module that runs that stuff.
Take it back to the dealer so they can investigate the next steps to get it fixed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Occasionally when selecting Reverse on my XT6 the center screen will be black with only a camera symbol with a line through it instead of a rear camera view. Shifting to Drive still gives a black screen, no front view either. Restarting the engine may or may not restore normal camera. Dealer found no problem but reprogrammed the feature, with no improvement. Has anyone else experienced this issue, and has it been resolved?
I have the same issue. Just started the other day. Only had car for 3mo. Will try my dealer to see if they can fix.

·
Registered
Cadillac
103 Posts
Yup, have the same issue. I took it to the the dealer...and get this...they said the rear camera installed was the wrong one for the XT6...huh? Anyways, it took them 2 months to get the replacement camera in and after they replaced it, same problem. No improvement.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same issue. I bought my car on June 13. Monday June 15 the camera stopped working about 30-40% of the time with the exact same issues as above. Took it to dealer on June 17. They still have my car. Said the problem is a video processing module and it is on back order from GM. On June 26, they said it would probably be available within a week. Have not had an update from them since June 30.

·
Registered
2014 XTS VSport Premium
7 Posts
Update-First service visit for camera problem, dealer checked, found no codes, reprogrammed with no improvement. Second visit a few weeks later, dealer had a bulletin on radio and related issues, performed update per bulletin, no improvement. Third visit last week they said it needs a new camera, on back order, no info on delivery date. Two days ago, instead of the occasional black screen, it had a blue screen that changed to a flickering white screen, no camera views. I doubt a camera replacement will fix the issue, but we will see. My dealer is excellent, but possibly getting little if any useful help from GM tech. Persons on the CT6 section of this forum have experienced what they call the dreaded blue screen.
This issue is not as critical as my horrible CT6 experience with the eight speed automatic, and I hope Cadillac is able to quickly advise their dealers how to correct this issue. We old folks don't love the electronic nightmares.

·
Registered
2014 XTS VSport Premium
7 Posts
Note: XTSE and Bob Schuman are the same person, don't know why my latest post used my old and obsolete (I thought) signon.

·
Registered
2016 Escalade ESV, 2017 GMC Sierra 6.2
1,558 Posts
Third visit last week they said it needs a new camera, on back order, no info on delivery date. Two days ago, instead of the occasional black screen, it had a blue screen that changed to a flickering white screen, no camera views. I doubt a camera replacement will fix the issue, but we will see. My dealer is excellent, but possibly getting little if any useful help from GM tech. Persons on the CT6 section of this forum have experienced what they call the dreaded blue screen.
I doubt a camera will fix it either. This sounds more like a software issue or hardware(computer module) issue. Unfortunately, brand new vehicles with brand new electronics sometimes have these odd issues that are very tough to figure out and a lot of times they are beyond the scope of dealership level repair. So the dealer relies on the engineer nerds at GM to dig in and come up with a solution. Which sometimes takes a long time. Hang in there. They’ll get it fixed eventually

1 - 8 of 8 Posts