Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2008 CTS DI
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I recently purchased an 08 CTS4 and will need to replace the brake pads. I do have the J55 option and have picked up the PR-1331-C front brake pads. However, I got the platimum rear pads PGD1337. I belive these are HD OEM and non-ceramic. Should I return them and get the corresponding ceramic rear pads? I brought both sets from Pep Boys.

I haven't found/read much on rear brake pads for these cars.

Thx!

·
Registered
08 White Diamond CTS DI RWD FE2 all options
2,540 Posts
In my personal opinion both front and rear pads should be from the same manufacturer and the same type.

·
Registered
2015 ATS 3.6 RWD Premium
502 Posts
You definitely need to go back and purchase the matching/corresponding ceramic pads for the rear. You do not want to mix brake pads, especially ceramics. They are entirely different performance compounds.

·
Registered
2009 CTS DI AWD Premium
585 Posts
I don't think you will have a problem. GM put ceramics on the back of my 09 after a problem with squealing, and left the front non-ceramics. I wouldn't mix pad types side to side, of course, but you should be fine otherwise.

·
Registered
Cadillac CT6 (2019)
2,343 Posts
I would check for rear pad wear (they typically don't wear out nearly as fast as the fronts); maybe you just need new fronts (though I would try to match materials when replacing).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts