Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone quick ? My driver side brake light is out, now the light is on when im not pressing the brakes but when i press the brakes the light doesnt light up or get brighter. Now I looked and it seems there is only 1 bulb there that stays lit but when brakes are pressed it brightens up. Is this right or are there 2 lights in there that i'm not seeing? Does this sound like just a bulb problem?

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,814 Posts
When you say you looked in there, how did you? Did you actually take the lens off and the bulbs out if the sockets? Because if I remember correctly, there are only three bulbs total. One for turn signle which is only lit when in use. Another that is the same size bulb as the turn single but is used for brake and "parking" lights at night time. Third is used as a side marker in the brake light lens, but is a very small bulb. About the size of the tip of your pinky. That is on only at night.

There maybe a fourth for the brake/parking lights. But I don't think so.

KOT

·
Registered
2003 & 2007 CTS
20 Posts
You bulb should have 2 filaments in it. If it doesn,t, someone has put in the wrong bulb. Check the owners manual for the correct one, but I think it is a 1357K

1 - 3 of 3 Posts