Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys fleet_wolfe here
my brake light bulb burnt out on me today and was wondering how i go about changeing it do i take of the whole lens or what i know this is a dumb question but hey not all of us know ......thanks

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
87,179 Posts
First look in the trunk. The sockets may be accessable and all you need to do is twist and remove. If not, then you'll have to remove the tail light assembly. Again, look for srews on the outside. If there are any, remove them but my guess is there are noone and you'll have to remove it from inside the trunk.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks alot when i did check inside all i seen was a small oval plate with 2 small screws in it nothing else except like 3 or 4 7/16 nuts and im fig that takes off the whole light housing ??? let you know what happens later.....thanks again

·
Registered
1989 Sedan DeVille is now just a fond memory ....
10,429 Posts
You have to remove the tail light lenz on the outside to get to the light. There should be two phillips screws, one top, one bottom, holding the beauty trim ring and lenz. Then carefully pull the lenz out and change the bulb.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i just want too say thanks a lot kev and ranger for your information it is all fixed now and boy was it cold as heck doing it i live on the water in ct and it felt like 30 below zero out there doing it ugh thanks again guys:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1989 Sedan DeVille is now just a fond memory ....
10,429 Posts
You are most welcome. That's what this site is all about! :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
87,179 Posts
Success is a great feeling, isn't it:thumbsup: Glad to help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts