Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just aquired an 02 Escalade and the Backup sensors are not working. Would this have anything to do with an aftermarket headunit? All I get is one blinking red light even after cleaning the sensors.

I am interested in putting back in the original headunit but they cut the factory harness so I am looking for the "into radio" harness portion online but can't seem to find it.

Thanks in Advance for any help.

J

·
Registered
None - 2007 Range Rover
1,452 Posts
I highly doubt that your aftermarket headunit has anything to do with the backup sensor problem that you are having. A friend of mine who has an 04 Escalade accidentally backed up into a snowbank during last winter and from that point on, he had the exact same problem as you. The sensor would only blink red as if it was "thinking" but it would never actually work. He checked his sensors as well as cleaned them. Everything seemed normal but they wouldn't work. He took it to the dealership and they fixed it under warranty. I would take it to your local dealership and have them take a look. It should be under warranty especially because you just purchased the vehicle. Let me know what you decide to do.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2002 Escalade
6 Posts
Hi,

I also just got an 02 Esalade and have the same problem except that sometime there are no blinking lights at all. Other things are that happen are the outer rear view mirros do not flip down when put into reverse as they shouls when you have it set up in the onboard computer that you want this feature enabled. I have re-programmed things many time but still works erratic.

Hoepfully someone has seen these similar problems and we will both find out something about the back upsensors not working properly.

·
Now: 2008 STS-V, 1960 Eldorado Brougham Then: 2002 Escalade
5,826 Posts
Not to sound like a smart ass, or show off, but the switch for the back up assist is turned on right?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
slk230mb said:
Not to sound like a smart ass, or show off, but the switch for the back up assist is turned on right?
Yes, if it was not I would not even be getting the blinking.

Does anyone know if it is possible to just buy one of the sensors? One looks like it may have hit something, maybe it is broken?

I hate going to the dealer, I prefer fixing things myself. The good thing is there is a lot to fix so whatever I have success fixing I will post here for everyones benefit.

:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts