Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
2014 cts v sport
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting on hwy throttle response sputtered followed by rear axle, stabilitrac ,traction control and engine light blinking. When stopped push pedal car coasts for 15 sec than turbo kicks in and goes . Every stop on way home same thing . Next morning fine until getting on it and again it happens . Once in sport mode and one in tour mode. Have Trifecta tune don’t know if that is issue have for two years and no issues.

· Registered
CTS V Sport 2016 Phantom Gray
88 Posts
Had to drive to the dealer in 3rd gear limp mode after the same errors. Dealer did a cold reboot (disconnect battery) and has been OK since then.
When stating from stop in third gear you can really feel the turbo kick in with the throttle pressed way down to get moving.

· Registered
Had 2009 V, Red/Blk 2016 Now
4,189 Posts
Mine has done this thrice, within a couple of years. Oddly enough, it was just washed and put in my garage, then it got cold out. After a 5 minute drive, and 20? shutdown, all was well. It is bone stock also. The dealer couldn't find anything, so I'll snapshot it when/if it happens again with a code reader.

· Premium Member
2022 CT4-V Blackwing MT, 2014 CTS Vsport
397 Posts
When you say OBD are flashing, are you referring to the system monitors? Things like the evaporative emissions, fuel system, catalytic converters, misfire monitors. If so it indicates that the ECU Is being reset. It’s like what happens when you flash your trifecta tune or disconnect the battery. Those little computer programs (the monitors) have to run several times to test the integrity of these various systems. After they’ve tested OK then the lights will no longer flash on the test tool. So maybe the computer is experiencing constant resets?

· Premium Member
2022 CT4-V Blackwing MT, 2014 CTS Vsport
397 Posts
I know that feels really good getting rid of that problem. About 4 1/2 years ago I had the same problem on number three on my Vsport running the trifecta tune. It showed up as carbon flashing on the porcelain body of the spark plug. Along with various flashing yellow messages in the DIC. It never set a P0303 DTC as you would expect and hope. I changed the coil and plug and just like you the problem disappeared and it never returned. I never worried about trifecta playing into that problem. I am at just over 150,000 miles now with probably more than 120 of that with trifecta And for all the various problems I’ve had I do not attribute any of it to the tune.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.