Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Rear access going haywire

8K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Boogeyman 
#1 ·
Alright so I think my caddy has become possessed. Too many issues showing up too close to each other. Current big one is the rear access opens randomly when starting or securing the engine. It doesn't do it every time, just randomly. Also sometimes the buttons on the rear access itself don't work. Never any problems with the remote or button inside. Any suggestions.

Also this one just started. The remote start doesn't work. Can hear the starter click just once. But using key ignition no problems

#2 ·
Brother, same exact problem here. I know something has to be wrong with the actual rear hatch handle. I would be driving & all of a sudden the lights would come on & it says "rear entry open". Automatic start gone at the same time. Taking it to the shop this weekend & will advice later..

D

#4 ·
Follow up for any interested parties. I discovered the the larger, rectangular button on the rear access had a bad wire on the wire harness end. I found that any movement of the wires would make contact thereby opening the access. Thankfully those buttons are disabled while the door locks are engaged otherwise the access would have been opening while driving. Hope this helps others.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.