Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off...had a rough past weekend, one that I don't want to relive, ever.


LAST night, last minute,..we decided to go to the track... we did. My first pass... felt horrible but,..my time slip says 9.09 @ 112mph. No, my car doesn't run even close to nines,..so,..weird stuff was happening.

I did get a near perfect reaction time,,...007 but, my 60ft's were way off. like 2.4 60ft. I usually go 2.0 on the same EMT's. anyways, my car went a slow 12.9(i've gone 12.58 on less power) @ 116mph very traction limited. Coudln't get ANY better.

My friend Marco,...now with the C6 vette, was not haveing the greatest night either. after several passes.... he attempted to make a pass,....and GRENADED his rear differential like noone has ever seen before. It blew off the entire rear half of the caseing.

crazy.

Then we trailered it, to a close by gas station.

Waited about 2 hours for a two truck. Now, 2:30 am... finally tow truck comes...(we have an hour drive home)

...This is where it gets really bad. :crying2:

We go through the toll booth,...and not more then one mile out of the booth,...I see a dissabled SUV JIMMY in the middle of the road.

It was a rollover.

I was the first to walk up, which I came up on the passenger side. Two girls, one wide awake, and screaming for us to help her, and her friend. I looked in, and down through the passenger window,...her friend was there,....hurt like I have never seen anyone hurt before.

She was shakeing,...non responsive. Both girls, covered in blood. I called 911 asap. Which took about 15 minutes(seemed like forever)

Next minutes, marco, and myself, as well as our tow truck driver tried to calm this girl down.

...but,..it was chaotic.

debree scattered everywhere. purses everywhere. there was a WAD of money,....I handed it to the driver... I put the purses inside the car.

I felt soo bad for the two,...she was soo desperatly trying to get her friend to respond,..and she was just shakeing.

lost for words.

Aside from trying to talk to these girls, we were on a crest, or rise in the road, so,... cars were coming up fast...so we were trying to get them to slow down. Several tractor trailers locked up the brake for a second....several cars came swerving threw the middle of us. It was crazy.


Finally,...after hearing this girl cry to us for help for seemingly forever....the parameds came. They used the jaws of life for the passenger.

It didn't look good. It's a shame,..two BEAUTIFUL girls...about 19-22

Most helpless time of my life.

I hope she made it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,036 Posts
Wow, Jamie...
That is a sad story right from the begining and all the way to the end. I hope the girls pull through ok and if you find out, post it..:angel:

It also sucks about Marco's Vette, time for un upgraded diff in that thing I would think..:yup:

Bill
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HDMLNIUM said:
Wow, Jamie...
That is a sad story right from the begining and all the way to the end. I hope the girls pull through ok and if you find out, post it..:angel:

It also sucks about Marco's Vette, time for un upgraded diff in that thing I would think..:yup:

Bill
Thanks Bill. It really does suck. The girl...and her motions, I don't even know how to describe.

Marco's problem, is already solved,..and will be complete quick. No charge to him. Car has 4700 miles.

I just hope the girl is alright.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Flyboy said:
Jamie....all I can say is WOW!!!

Let's all say a little prayer for the girls.

(The diff is a minor inconvenience in comparison to the accident you helped out with.)

Hang in there, Man.

Thanks Jim. Wow....is how I felt when I walked to the passenger side window, and already knew the driver was there but, hadn't yet seen the passenger, or even knew one was there. Until I looked down, and she was half way hanging off the seat, in between the two seats, and halfway in the back. blood everywhere... she was shakeing pretty bad. The driver,..Vanessa...was tweaking out trying to get her friend to respond. I don't blame her. Soo sad bro.


Marco and I were a little tweaked on the ride home.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
895 Posts
That can be a traumatic experience to witness. The Corvette's rear end seems so minor. Maybe you can ask the police about their status.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dave's V said:
That can be a traumatic experience to witness. The Corvette's rear end seems so minor. Maybe you can ask the police about their status.

True. I really would like to know. I just don't think they would release information to a non family member. It was FHP(florida highway patrol)....


.....I dunno what to do. I really want to know what happened to her though. Such a shame.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,496 Posts
Jamie -

I feel for you. Last summer I came upon two head on collissions (witnessed one) on two consecutive weekends. It is truly a helpless feeling not knowing how or what to do for the people trapped inside the wreck.

You did the right thing by stopping and helping divert traffic, calm the coherent and contacting emergency med services. You made a difference - trust me.

WW
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wildwhl said:
Jamie -

I feel for you. Last summer I came upon two head on collissions (witnessed one) on two consecutive weekends. It is truly a helpless feeling not knowing how or what to do for the people trapped inside the wreck.

You did the right thing by stopping and helping divert traffic, calm the coherent and contacting emergency med services. You made a difference - trust me.

WW
thanks dude.

Thanks to marco,..and the tow truck driver,..we diverted some serious possible wrecks. It was REALLy crazy man. Really crazy when your trying to stop a SEMI barreling down on you,...with a mere flashlight and a flare.

I hope we helped...I still felt helpless man.

I have some EMT training(was almost a firefighter)....but still...helpless.

:(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,821 Posts
Not only are you our knight in shinning armor, but you help the chicks! So brave. I thought this was going to turn into another hogh speed run followed by a stint in lock up. atleast you are your boy are ok.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ahahnu said:
Not only are you our knight in shinning armor, but you help the chicks! So brave. I thought this was going to turn into another hogh speed run followed by a stint in lock up. atleast you are your boy are ok.
The high speed lock up,..happened last week. :(

I can't get that girl out of my mind..... The drivers voice haunts me man. Over and over and over again she was asking for help,....and to help her friend....... like a bad dream. dammit man.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
294 Posts
Unfortunately, I've been first on scene like that a couple of times. A couple times not so bad, one real bad, and one astonishingly bad. I'll save the stories for another day, but for now, I'll just say you guys did the right thing, and not only likely saved the 2 girls, but probably others who may have plowed into them. That could have gotten much worse, I'm sure, if not for guys helping out.

The voice fades, but you don't really ever forget it. Let's hope they came out of it OK, and you find out that they came out of it OK. You may never know, but you have to know that at least you didn't drive on by, like many people would do. And, those girls will live on to tell their kids about this horrible wreck they were in, and how these three dudes saved their lives.:cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ylwjacket said:
Unfortunately, I've been first on scene like that a couple of times. A couple times not so bad, one real bad, and one astonishingly bad. I'll save the stories for another day, but for now, I'll just say you guys did the right thing, and not only likely saved the 2 girls, but probably others who may have plowed into them. That could have gotten much worse, I'm sure, if not for guys helping out.

The voice fades, but you don't really ever forget it. Let's hope they came out of it OK, and you find out that they came out of it OK. You may never know, but you have to know that at least you didn't drive on by, like many people would do. And, those girls will live on to tell their kids about this horrible wreck they were in, and how these three dudes saved their lives.:cheers:


I don't know how parameds do it, everyday,..and don't get attached. Thanks for the uplifting bro,...but I really don't think the passenger is going to make it. She looked pretty lifeless,...when they were takeing her away but, she was alive.

Anyways,..sorry for the downer everyone. Just some really crazy, sureal moment.

Everyone take care,...wear your belts,..

Jamie
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
294 Posts
V-seriesTech said:
...but I really don't think the passenger is going to make it. She looked pretty lifeless,...when they were takeing her away but, she was alive.


Jamie
You would be surprised. Though we are fragile, we're capable of incredible things. A 10 year old girl in our softball league was in a bad wreck about a year ago. She and her sister (age 12) were both lost and resuscitated on-site. The older one was in the hospital for a few days with a craked skull and pelvis fracture. SHe has revovered fully. The younger one had the above, plus broken legs. She was in a coma for 6 months, the first 2 of which were medically induced. No overnight miracle recovery, but she did awaken, and has had to learn how to read, write, and talk all over again. She has made great strides, and will recover to move on.

So, her recovery may not be easy, but human spirit, medical technology, and faith can accomplish modern day miracles.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ylwjacket said:
You would be surprised. Though we are fragile, we're capable of incredible things. A 10 year old girl in our softball league was in a bad wreck about a year ago. She and her sister (age 12) were both lost and resuscitated on-site. The older one was in the hospital for a few days with a craked skull and pelvis fracture. SHe has revovered fully. The younger one had the above, plus broken legs. She was in a coma for 6 months, the first 2 of which were medically induced. No overnight miracle recovery, but she did awaken, and has had to learn how to read, write, and talk all over again. She has made great strides, and will recover to move on.

So, her recovery may not be easy, but human spirit, medical technology, and faith can accomplish modern day miracles.
Truly hope so in this case man,..It would be a waste.
 

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
Joined
·
12,266 Posts
You will remember that the rest of your life. You did the best you could and were an honest person to boot. You may never know the outcome of the incident, but rest assured that if you did your utmost, you can be satisfied with the knowledge that you gave 100% to someone that needed it.

Nice job, Jamie.

Respectfully,

F
 
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
About this Discussion
39 Replies
22 Participants
V-seriesTech
Top