Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.. I am ready to buy a catch can... and there seems to be many options after searching through the forum. I need some recommendations :confused: .

·
Registered
Lemon Law'd '05 V
1,241 Posts
OK. There's plenty out there, from expensive to cheap. I went with the Jaz MiniBreather and plugged the hole where the filter resides on the top. I got it in white so I can see when its filling up. It works great and can be found for under $50. Add another 5bucks for quality hose and a plug for the top and you're in business. Or get a 90degree fitting with a 3/8 hose-end and you can also run the passenger valve-cover breather line to the top of the can. You can use one of the caps that comes with the Jaz to plug the Throttlebody nipple (the one that takes the line from the valve-cover).
That's it. Suck the bad air/pollutants/moisture from the crankcase and valvecover to one can, collect the oil-vapor, then send the air back into the intake manifold...keeping the glorious vacuum of the stock system.
Good luck,
ace

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts

·
Registered
05CTS V
195 Posts
Homer: why would you need a catch can on a non-supercharged application or am I missing something? A short explantion might be of benefit to all.

·
Registered
04 cts v
531 Posts
intake sucks a lot of oil into the throttle body, coating the entire inside with hot oil, and causing the heads to be coated with a film of oil that holds heat.

·
Premium Member
'05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon
6,076 Posts
My wife is giving me a ported TB for X-Mas, I expect to see an @ss load of oil coated in my intake. I usually 'burn' about 1 qt ever 1.2 -1.5 K miles. I bet most of that is going in the intake. I tend to drive around at higher RPM's. I usually cruise aroun 3k (rarely if ever use 6th gear), this increases the 'suction' through the PCV which in turn suck more oil vapor up that way.

I expect one of my very next purchases to be a Catch Can, after this next install.

-Chris

·
Registered
Lemon Law'd '05 V
1,241 Posts
Oh, yeah Trukk, thats some major vapor suckage...better get a big one. And on the plus side, you'll be able to see just how much suckage is draining that pan.
-ace

1 - 11 of 11 Posts