Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2014, CTS4, coupe, 3.6
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After driving in a very rain recently, my front low beam headlight is out and my interior reading lamps will not go out until the ten minute timer has expired. Does anyone know where the fuse for the reading lamp (s) is located? I have looked through the owners manual fuse box diagrams and cannot find the fuse for them.

·
Registered
**2014 CTS4 Sport Wagon-Luxury**
2,773 Posts
when you push the button for them (doors closed and engine running) do they not go out?...do they do anything???...check also the interior light wheel on the instrument panel to ensure it is not turned into the lights on part (the wheel for instrument panel brightness)...

Bill

·
Super Moderator
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
12,882 Posts
I think the low beam not working may have been coincidental, but the reading lamps not turning off sounds like something got wet that shouldn't have.
I can't recall if the reading lights are on a shared fuse with other items or controlled by the BCM, but I would check the dimmer adjustment first as silversport suggests.

·
Registered
2014, CTS4, coupe, 3.6
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I felt like an idiot for driving around with my interior lights on, now I feel like a moron for not having checked the dimmer switch. New low beams this weekend. Thanks guys.

·
Super Moderator
12,882 Posts
Whether an individual is brave enough or not to admit it, we have all done something of this nature before.
You're in good company.

·
Super Moderator
12,882 Posts
So, how do I change the car I have listed?
Click on your avatar in the upper right corner, select 'Account Settings' at the bottom of the drop down choices, then edit away!

Make sure to hit the save button upon completion.

·
Registered
**2014 CTS4 Sport Wagon-Luxury**
2,773 Posts
scottritger...some of us on this Forum learned the answers to questions that pop up from time to time because we did the same thing...you are indeed in good company...

Bill

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
17,167 Posts
I'm not sure about that 'good company' comment, lol. Some of us, well, never mind.

·
Registered
2010 CTS4 sedan
1,761 Posts
It's such a PITA to change headlamps, my advice is to change them all (high, low, DRLs) when you have the bumper peeled back. I presume that you have halogen bulbs?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts