Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
For 2003/4 CTS with Navigation System:

Press simulatneously the BAND button and bottom NAV button on the left side of the LCD and release. All instrument cluster and HVAC control lights will flash momentarily, then go off, and then a menu will appear on the LCD to read and clear DTCs.

For 2003/4 CTS non Navigation System:

Press and hold the F1 and F6 buttons simultaneously; the Driver Infomation Center (DIC) will clear and a menu will appear to read and clear DTCs. (Need to confirm this method)

Refer to the following site for DTC list:
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/dtccode.html

Reading DTCs may give you insight to vehicle problems, however, this is purely diagnostic and does not allow adjustments other than clearing set codes.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Welcome aboard.... Thanks for coming..... :wave:

Great information.....!! It will be helpful to many people!!

Maybe you can give us some insights on what is to come...... :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
Refer to the following site for DTC list:
http://209.145.176.7/~090/awh/dtcobd2.html#rea

The information would REALLY be helpful to those of us who want to know EVERYTHING about our CTS... Apparantly there is a lot more computer to the car than car to the computers... Me? I want to KNOW every little nuance (sp) that I can. Like how to recalibrate the compass (in the manual) and how to recalibrate the sunroof switch. How to recalibrate the fuel meter and the like. :coolgleam

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ok did that!

What I get from the DTC (pressing f1 and f6 down simultaneously) is:
*DDM 25735997 0807
I have 12-15 codes in there, but the site you gave me doesn't know what these mean OR I don't know how to enter them. The site's example of B0506, is nothing like the format I get for my codes. Do we all have OBDC-III?:bonkers:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
4WARD said:
Ok did that!

What I get from the DTC (pressing f1 and f6 down simultaneously) is:
*DDM 25735997 0807
I have 12-15 codes in there, but the site you gave me doesn't know what these mean OR I don't know how to enter them. The site's example of B0506, is nothing like the format I get for my codes. Do we all have OBDC-III?:bonkers:

When you first press the buttons together to access the On Board Screen Diagnostics (OBSD) Menu, the list you see shows different modules of the vehicle, e.g., Engine Control Module (ECM). Use the TUNE/SEL button wheel to scroll to a particular module that has set a code, denoted with an asterisk, and then press the select button to display the individal codes.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yupper! That did it! THANK YOU!!!

Based on the information I ascertained from the system (which I am going to repeat tonight) is that it looks like when my battery died, it scrambled Class 2 Serial Communications between a whole heck of a lot of modules. I am wondering if any of these items need a 'reboot/reset' and if so, how to do that?

But, hey, it gives me a place to start and to monitor.

4WARD :coolgleam

·
Registered
64 Posts
Although I don't have a problem, I am curious about this function. I have an 04 CTS(300 mi) 1SC with XM, no nav. I tried F1 and F6 at the same time, with no result. If this works, I just may pick up the Helms shop manual for reference (that's if the manual has the error codes and flow charts like the old early 90's manuals had). Does the DIC have to be in a certain mode when F1 and F6 are pressed at the same time? Thanks in advance. Only 300mi so far, but I like the car. My father was a shop forman, then service manager for Bayer Cadillac (NY) back in the 50's. Never thought I'd buy a Cadillac after being a hot rodder/motor head/MC racer, but something about this car got to me. Really could have went for that CTS-V, but the cost, and the fact that it is primarily for my wife stopped me. Guess I'm getting old!

·
Registered
36 Posts
This worked great! Let me determine that mostly, the issues were related to the dead battery I had early on in the car's life. Once cleared, the codes have not returned to the degree that were present before.

·
Registered
326 Posts
For 2003/4 CTS with Navigation System:

Press simulatneously the BAND button and bottom NAV button on the left side of the LCD and release. All instrument cluster and HVAC control lights will flash momentarily, then go off, and then a menu will appear on the LCD to read and clear DTCs.
Apparently my 03 3.2L wont let me do. It doesnt work and nothing happens. DOes it have to be in a certain screen?

Thanks
Paul Nguyen

·
Registered
511 Posts
Wow...old thread. Your key has to be in the "run" position, and the radio turned off. It should still display the time.
Press and hold f1 and f6 until all dash lights light up (you'll know when it happens).
I think thats how you do it, its be a while since Ive done it...

·
Registered
326 Posts
Yea I tried Thanks Caddilackin.

Nothing happens. I tired the Band and Nav button then the F1 and F2, still nothing. Maybe it doesnt work or not equipped with it?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've got an 05 3.6 CTS with satnav. Pressing Band and bottom NAV buttons doesn't do anything.

I've tried it with the radio on and off, with ignition on and off, engine running and not runing.

Help !

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just purchased my first used 03 CTS, the check engine light came on. Found this site, read up on it, cleared the codes per advise above and we'll see if it comes back. The F1 & F6 method worked for me. Ignition on, radio off. Just need to learn how to decipher the codes better. :)

Thanks to all above for the info and advise. Keep it coming.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
About this Discussion
38 Replies
27 Participants
codewize