Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Cadillac Escalade EXT
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: Service Engine, Service Stability, Service Ride Control Related?

My 2002 Cadillac Escalade EXT has the service engine soon light, the service stability system light, and the service ride control light on at the same time. The truck otherwise is driving well. A grinding engagement noise (air ride compressor or something else ABS-related, happens about 30 seconds after putting it in gear. After pulling the codes, they are C0205, C0207, C0209, C0211, C0282, C0298, and P0135. Any thoughts about fuses to check? What else should I try?

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
I would get a steering wheel position sensor as that's what most of the c codes point to

The p0135 is a 02 sensor code(heater curcuit) I had this happen to me it doesn't affect the sensor when it's warmed up just when its cold at first start or after the engine has cooled back down to what would be considered a cold start temp
It's a upstream sensor likely(mine was)
Only corse of action is replace the sensor

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Do you know which fuses I might check first?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Would disabling the ABS allow me to remove the service stability system and service ride control warnings? On the other hand, how will doing this effect drivability?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

UPDATE: I checked every single fuse in both the cabin fuse box and under hood fuse box and none were blown. I did not check any of the medium black or larger grey relays. Could any of these be a problem? If it seems to you like the steering wheel position sensor is the next logical step, are you aware of any videos and/or instructions out there on how to replace this steering wheel position sensor? If the warning lights would go out by removing the ABS fuse, which one is it? I might want to try that if I get frustrated, but I really want to do it right and get the ABS system operational. Thanks for all of your help!

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
The abs and auto ride are two different systems in the truck(the later I can also help with)

Yes removing the abs fuse will disable the abs and traction control fully but you will still get the lights(that's controlled by the bcm via the cluster)

----------

It would be like a older truck that didn't come with abs or traction control

I really think though it is your steering wheel sensor as both the ebcm(electronic brake control module) and the auto ride module use the same sensor feed (one modulates the brakes and the other dampens the shocks to reduce body roll when making quick turns)

I can provide you with info on how to get into the steering column to replace the sensor if you want

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

OK, I'm with you that disabling the ABS and traction control is probably not the best approach. If you could give me information on how to replace the steering wheel position sensor, I will give that a try and see if that fixes it. Once I do that, do I just disconnect the battery to reset the command module to get rid of the service engine, service stability and service ride control warning lights?

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
lbodkin said:
OK, I'm with you that disabling the ABS and traction control is probably not the best approach. If you could give me information on how to replace the steering wheel position sensor, I will give that a try and see if that fixes it. Once I do that, do I just disconnect the battery to reset the command module to get rid of the service engine, service stability and service ride control warning lights?
Ok I will in a bit

Once the problem is fixed the codes will go into history and the lights and messages will go off

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Have you been able to post the instructions on how to replace the steering wheel position sensor? I would really appreciate these instructions, as I am ready to attempt this repair. Thanks!

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
lbodkin said:
Have you been able to post the instructions on how to replace the steering wheel position sensor? I would really appreciate these instructions, as I am ready to attempt this repair. Thanks!
Unfortunately I can't post them but I can email them to you
Pm me with your email and I will send it to you

·
Registered
Escalade
1 Posts

Hi, it seems like I have the same problem... Can I get those instructions of replacing steering wheel position sensor. Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts