Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RE: Autoweek's Fast Poll

Anybody see this week's Fast Poll concerning the STS-V? There were both positive and negative comments but one stood out to me as being particularly interesting;

"I like the STS-V, but expected a price around $60K. Like the XLR, it's overpriced. There is not enough consumer confidence in Cadillac to justify near-BMW M5/Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG pricing"

·
Registered
330 Posts
Re: Autoweek's Fast Poll

That is exactly what I have been saying since the test results came out. If it offered similar performance then the $5-15K savings would be enough. But the E55 is selling right now for $82k. If the STS-V sells at sticker then it only has a $5K savings. That is not enough compared to the E55's higher performance and status.

It makes the V a double when GM could have easily hit a home run using a blown LS2

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts

Ok Ill admit 77k is high, but 60? Youve got to be kidding me. Shit aint free either. The right price for this car would have been right around 68. That would put it well OVER 10K under its biggest competitors and made it a great value. The regular STS is the one thats a little high on itself at 62 grand for the top end model. That should be more like 56.

MCaesar, Ive seen your postings around here recently but Ive never heard you mention what you drive and Im curious. I think you share of my interest in the Europeans.

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts

What were the rest of the comments?

And if you expected an STS-V to come in at 60k that was just wishful thinking. Look at the price of a fully optioned N/A STS, it's about 65k. The V is damn near fully optioned to start with, so tell me how you expected a blown northstar thrown in for free or as a credit??

·
Registered
330 Posts

Well, we have the good, the bad, and the ugly all in one family. I have a Charger SRT8. My brother lives 4 houses down and has a CTS-V. My cousin lives across the street and has a 01 E55 (non-super). My wife is getting a new car next and she only wants a 550i. Once she gets her car we will line them all up and see what happens.

I must say though that I saw a STS today in that deep red and it was gorgeous. I was shocked at how much better the car looked in person than in pics. I didn't see a V tag on it but it sure looked like one.

I love American cars but I have to give my props to the AMG Mercedes and to the M cars as well. A lot of people think BMWs are just yuppy cars but most of those people haven't driven one. I have driven countless cars and the only two that I feel 100% comfortable placing inches off of a wall at 150mph are the Porsche and the M series. The steering on them is so precise and has so much feel it seems as if you are touching the ground yourself.

My cousin with the E55 is about to trade it in on either the CLS55 or the STS-V so I will go with him to drive them both. He is not really a driver he just wants a fast car for bragging rights. I drive his E55 for him when he wants to hustle.

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts

What a cool variety of cars! I agree about the yuppy comment... that and the one that all bimmer drivers are a-holes. Granted I dont really give a damn what people think either way, and quite frankly id rather be considered an ahole than other less colorful things,but ve experienced just as many an ahole caddy driver in my day as BMW and jetta drivers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts