Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kind of confusing but noise becomes very obvious at 20mph and increases frequency with speed. I am a former tech and despite what Cadillac told my boss, this noise is NOT in the engine. However, the more throttle you give it, the louder it gets which tells me driveline torsion might have something to do with it. It really just sounds like a fan hitting something but I have not climbed around it yet to get some ideas. I was curious if this was a common issue?

The tech at Caddy apparently indicated he has the exact same noise and cannot figure it out. So he throws BS tests at our expense like "decarbon the pistons"....WTF??? Who certifies these people anymore?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: rattling rotational noise that increases frequency with speed, intensity with thr

No, this is a very specific noise that changes with throttle input. Wheel bearings usually have a constant gravely sound and easy to detect as much hotter than the rest during operating.

12,778 Posts
fastline,
Let us know if you would like for us to check in on anything with your dealership! We can be reached by private message or email at [email protected] and request that you include your name, contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN, and a summary of the situation.

Sarah (Assisting Katie), Cadillac Customer Service

·
Registered
07 Escalade
190 Posts
fastline said:
No, this is a very specific noise that changes with throttle input. Wheel bearings usually have a constant gravely sound and easy to detect as much hotter than the rest during operating.
I'm was thinking wheel bearing because you said the noise changes as your speed progresses. Take your belts off and rev that engine up! See if its not belt/accessory noise.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sarah, I have sent contact regarding this issue per your request and quite franky shocked to see GM prowling forums. That should attest to GM's commitment to ensure quality vehicles. I have personally worked through problems with GM factory techs and most are very informative and we can easily isolate a problem. The concern usually comes in from dealerships where repair technicians lack experience or are taught to only rely on what that diagnostic computer tells you. I feel it is imperative for every tech to better understand basic mechanical systems to ensure that any set DTC aligns well with the symptoms. It might be reaching a bit but as an engineer, I am constantly frustrated with the type of diagnostic efforts some people receive at a dealership but that extends to many other repair facilities.

GM, thank you for reaching out.

·
Registered
sts
17 Posts
If u have 06 sts it is a valve on the back of the engine. I had mine replaced luckily it was still under warranty. It took several trips for them to diagnose

12,778 Posts
Fastline this is the exact same problem I'm having. Did you ever get it diagnosed?
Hello ErikU19,

I am sorry you are experiencing a rattling rotational noise that increases frequency with speed. I understand you are looking for advice from other forum members. If you are willing to bring your vehicle into your dealer, please let me know so I can assist throughout that process. I can be contacted via private message and look forward to further discussing your situation.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

1 - 12 of 12 Posts