Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'08 STS-V Sedan Black Formerly three CTS-V's, XLR and STS4N*
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have pretty much got the issues worked out on my new to me STS-V but have something that rattles in the drivers door when hitting bumps and also a sunroof that rattles over bumps when closed or in vent position. Quick fix for the roof is to close the shade but that is not the way I roll. So anyone have suggestions for either of these issues from past experience?

·
Registered
06' STS V
491 Posts
I have pretty much got the issues worked out on my new to me STS-V but have something that rattles in the drivers door when hitting bumps and also a sunroof that rattles over bumps when closed or in vent position. Quick fix for the roof is to close the shade but that is not the way I roll. So anyone have suggestions for either of these issues from past experience?
The door could be stuff in the lower door pocket.....makes mine do it bad...

12,778 Posts
Hey commander112,

I am sorry you are experiencing concerns with your STS-V. I understand how frustrating it can be to be experiencing sunroof concerns especially as we are approaching the summer months. If you could please send me a personal message with your contact information, VIN, current mileage, and preferred dealership I can look into this further for you.

Best,

Alex H.
Cadillac Customer Service

·
Premium Member
'79 coupe deville, '04 Deville DTS White Lightning
3,211 Posts
Sunroof - there are two screws on either side on the back corners of the sunroof. They're adjusted with a torx but forgot what size. Also forgot whether I was able to do it with the sunroof in vent or full open. Fully open it, find the screw and go from there. Tighten it. Very hard to access. Not much room.

Doors, remove the panels, and find every possible place where there could be noisy things contacting eachother under vibration. Bang on the panel itself. Bang on the door itself. Keep banging and following rattles with your ear until you find them. Once you do, use foam tape to separate the two offenders.

I did this on my car with the help of Ddadler and my car is straight now. Took a LOT of patience. Did the panels and did the rear shelf. Took weeks. Kept it in the garage disassembled and drove my other car until I finished. Good luck.

·
Registered
'08 STS-V Sedan Black Formerly three CTS-V's, XLR and STS4N*
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the comments especially about the sunroof adjusters. Alex, I will send a PM once I can get my hands on the VIN.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts