Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2019 XTS PremLux Crystal White Tricoat
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I got my 2019 XTS Prem/lux I've had a rattle from the sunroof area and I'm thinking the shade maybe.
Has anyone else had this problem with the double size sunroof and shade?
I just can't find it and would rather know where it might be before take to dealer as I don't want them taking stuff apart making more rattles. I also have one on the left hand top of dash but I've figured that one out.
Thanks

·
Registered
2016 Escalade ESV, 2017 GMC Sierra 6.2
1,592 Posts
I assume you’ve tried pressing up on the glass windows in different spots and on the shade?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Cutlass, yep tried that and seems like it maybe the shade. I'm going to try more investigating this weekend...$62k 4k miles car and it rattles....ugh, but I still love it though:D

·
Registered
2019 XTS Prem Lux AWD Phantom Gray/Ebony traded 2017 CT6 Prem Lux AWD Stellar Blk
941 Posts
Hi Cutlass, yep tried that and seems like it maybe the shade. I'm going to try more investigating this weekend...$62k 4k miles car and it rattles....ugh, but I still love it though:D
Come on give me a break, you are just giving me something else to look out for😱

No squeaks or rattles here. Try running your shade alway back and leaving it there for a day or two, after which close it and see what happens.

Squeaks and rattles are my specialty. If I find them I normally can correct them or pin point them out to service for repair.

The problem with locating most squeaks and rattles is due to how sound travels. Often times where you think the noise is coming from is often times not the case.

In your case I will take you at your word. Try giving my suggestion a try and let me know what happens.

The last thing you want is for service to have to pull the shade, but if that is what it takes to solve the problem you may have to go that route.

You can also use a thin piece of cardboard and slide that into the area that you think the noise is coming from and that will tell you if it is the shade or not. Change the thickness of the cardboard as needed and leave some hanging out so that you can easily remove it.

·
Registered
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
1,304 Posts
Mine has no squeaks or rattles (I hate them to pieces as Mr. Jinx the cat would say), but the sunshade was replaced because the material was bunching up in two areas - they did a great job luckily. I had an XT4 loaner and it's sunroof made noise until the car warmed up (had it as a loaner in winter).

How does the sunroof open and close ie. any issues or noise, same with sunshade.

MHT has good suggestions to try out.

How did you fix the noise from the dash area?

Best of luck with the roof rattle.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well all, I have pinpointed it to the sunroof/shade area. If I close the shade it goes away. MHT I'm going to use your excellent suggestion this weekend and I'll let you know. Thanks for the input!
XCALIBUR, there is a piece of wood trim on left side of dash, I'd put my finger lightly on it and the rattle stopped, so I applied more pressure to it and pushed it in slightly and the noise stopped. I have the feeling it wasn't seated into place from the factory.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts