Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone...I just got my 2014 ELR in July and am noticing a rattle in the drivers door toward the back of the arm rest I did a search but did not find anything conclusive Just wanted to see if the boards had any thoughts?

Thanks

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi Everyone...I just got my 2014 ELR in July and am noticing a rattle in the drivers door toward the back of the arm rest I did a search but did not find anything conclusive Just wanted to see if the boards had any thoughts?

Thanks
They have an updated door panel fastener that fixes that. It was a warranty fix on my 2016.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone happen to have TSB or update part number? I have the same issue with my 2014. It appears one or more of the clips has broken that holds the back edge of the panel in place. Thanks so much.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Does anyone happen to have TSB or update part number? I have the same issue with my 2014. It appears one or more of the clips has broken that holds the back edge of the panel in place. Thanks so much.
I'll try and find my paperwork, but my dealer mechanic knew about it as soon as I told him about the rattle and told me of the new fix so any knowledgeable Cadillac should know about it.

·
Registered
2016 ELR, 2009 CTS Sedan, 2005 CTS-V
468 Posts
I have the same thing going on with my passenger door—relatively minor, but annoying nonetheless. I'd love to know the bulletin number and/or updated part number if you can find your receipt! Thanks very much for looking.

·
Registered
2014 ELR
1 Posts
I would guess this is the bulletin, attached below. I will be getting the new fasteners (pn 11547077) later in the week to try fixing the rattle. I noted in my car the panel is loose and one fastener at the rear of the door level with the arm rest was actually not pressed in. I found I could move the door panel out a bit and did get the fastener back into the hole but only one of the two plastic clips on the fastener was still intact so a few weeks later the fastener vibrated out again. While it was in the rattle was gone.

C6EE9F2B-07AA-4707-8773-872AC7AF04B2.png

I have the same thing going on with my passenger door—relatively minor, but annoying nonetheless. I'd love to know the bulletin number and/or updated part number if you can find your receipt! Thanks very much for looking.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would guess this is the bulletin, attached below. I will be getting the new fasteners (pn 11547077) later in the week to try fixing the rattle. I noted in my car the panel is loose and one fastener at the rear of the door level with the arm rest was actually not pressed in. I found I could move the door panel out a bit and did get the fastener back into the hole but only one of the two plastic clips on the fastener was still intact so a few weeks later the fastener vibrated out again. While it was in the rattle was gone.

View attachment 589018
Thank You!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts