Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is that rustoleum wheel paint, it did a nice job.

u think i should paint the 4 good wheels this color? i got a 350 buck powdercoat offer i think i am leaning towards.. but what do you think about this color... or a color somewhere between this and the grey on the headlights

i was impressed that it came out of a can tho.. shoulda gone high resolution

·
Registered
04 CTS-V
935 Posts
looks good i wonder how well it will hold up though

i like that color

·
Registered
05 CTS-V raven black
1,131 Posts
I like that color too...it looks like gunmetal....

·
Registered
'06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)
4,455 Posts
Looks really decent from what I can see. A good color on a platinum V too.

·
Registered
2005 CTS V (long gone), 2016 CT6
315 Posts
I've been in the process of painting a set of accessory wheels in the Duplicolor version of that color since last fall...as soon as it warms up I'll finish LoL!

·
Registered
Silver '05 V
1,238 Posts
i think that if the wheels are painted grey on our cars, they have to be on the darker side to make sure that they aren't mistaken as being covered in brake dust. i like the gunmetal and i have also liked the recent flat black on the platinum v. good idea of painting them yourself before pulling the trigger.

·
Registered
04 CTS-V, 66 Hearse, 78 Hearse
77 Posts
The color looks good. Get them powdered

·
Registered
CTS-V
572 Posts
MM,

What did you do to prep them before paint? If you powder coat them I would be interested to see how the paint holds up when the tires are removed.

I had a tire shop beat up my stockers and would like to try to paint them first if there was a possibility they would actually hold up. I can rattle can pretty well and so can you apparently. Nice work and thanks.

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo
4,001 Posts

·
Registered
Platinum 2004 CTS-V
4,914 Posts
Gunmetal (or whatever that color is) Looks bada$$!!! Now you got me wanting to do my stockers that color.
I'm VERY interested in seeing pics of the accesory wheels that color! Post up some pics when you get em done please :food-snacking:

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Accessory wheels look much better in dark colors. I didn't wanna wash mine after the track ;)
I might do my stockers black chrome. Trying to picture it in my head lol

·
Registered
2005 CTS V (long gone), 2016 CT6
315 Posts
Gunmetal (or whatever that color is) Looks bada$$!!! Now you got me wanting to do my stockers that color.
I'm VERY interested in seeing pics of the accesory wheels that color! Post up some pics when you get em done please :food-snacking:
I'll have them done within the next month or so...I'm gonna mount my summer tires on them. It's been a long process. Started by getting them striped by a local media blaster...good deal, it only cost me $10 a wheel. Sanding and applying primer was a pain! That's where they sit, after applying primer it was getting cold so I covered them up for the winter...as soon as the weather breaks I'll be back at it for color coat all over and clear coat on the front surfaces. There was a guy on here a while back that powder coated a set of accessory wheels a similar color and put them on a platinum V...looked sweet and was my inspiration. ...of course I'll post pics...

I have another set of accessories with trashed chrome so tell me what you guys want to see next :stirpot:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks guys, rustoleum calls it 'graphite'

i just scuffed it with a scotchbrite pad first

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Yep, Just click on my name or album link above.
The more pictures I see, the more I wanna do it. Probably going with black chrome.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts