Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Radiant Silver Metallic XTS Platinum
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When ratings on all season tires for snow, is it based on aggressive driving, or moderate, careful driving methods?

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,447 Posts
Moderate severe weather driving conditions, performed by experienced test drivers under controlled conditions to some NHTSA standard.

Take a look at the buyer/user ratings in TireRack.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Moderate severe weather driving conditions, performed by experienced test drivers under controlled conditions to some NHTSA standard.

Take a look at the buyer/user ratings in TireRack.
Thanks, I have. But are the buyer's driving methods aggressive, driving the same regardless of conditions, or are they taking the conditions under consideration?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Possibly, but I am curious, when someone rates acceptable or unacceptable, what are their individual expectations?

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
You'd have to ask the individual.

Id suggest looking for comparisons done by the same professional tester, instead if random consumers. That way regardless of their particular testing style, the results will be based on that same driving style.

·
Registered
34 Posts
When I bought my NT SN2 Nitto tires. I made sure to check if its DOT approved and also read a lot for review from different customer experience. After gathering all the information that the only time I would decide which to get.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts