Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Rate Cadillac! Cadillac is...

• The Standard of the World! Better than the rest!

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • Pretty darn good!

Votes: 31 66.0%
  • Not too bad...

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • The worst...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
4,414 Posts
Nice and unbiased poll

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Pretty darn good.

Not perfect, but pretty darn good. I'll go into further detail when I get home.

·
Registered
'93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED
5,929 Posts
My 5 favorite cars are: Cadillac, Imperial, Lincoln, Jaguar & Mustang.

·
Registered
95 Fleetwood Brougham / 01 DTS / 11 CTS Lux / 11 DTS Platinum
7,085 Posts
OK we all know that Cadillac does not make the best cars in the world. They're not the MOST dependable and they're NOT the most luxurious BUT they're not $100,000 either.

I love Cadillac because the other players, which I don't consider Lincoln to even come close, don't have nearly as many options or technology for the same money.

For $60k I can buy a brand new Cadillac that has more crap in it than Lincoln can even spell. Some of the other contenders try like hell but still don't compare. Cadillac is the only car that is truly loaded when it come to toys.

That's why they're the standard of the world.

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Alright, I'll explain my logic.

Cadillac offers an excellent value to buyers, whether they're looking for new, used or classic. Loads of features for a good price, and excellent, memorable styling, a great ride, old school comfort and most of the time, more than adequate performance from some pretty advanced and reliable engines.

But.....until just a few years ago their materials weren't quite on par with the european competition (man, has that changed fast!). They don't offer a model range as wide as M-B's or BMW's, but that takes time to set something up like that, and this is my biggest issue, they don't offer anything that competes in the 7 Series/ S Class realm, and there is no full sized hardtop coupe...well really no coupes at all. And it's like they threw their history to the past in order to take more sales from the imports, which is a good goal, but they shouldnt' have gotten rid of all the big models and nameplates that date back to the '50s to get them... A little short sighted I think.

So to really be the "standard of the world" in my book again, I think Cadillac should keep on the track they're on now..excellent materials, great engines, BRILLIANT designs (I'm in love with the '08 CTS!) and the drive to beat BMW and M-B into the ground, but I'd love to see them bring back the classic names....Seville, Deville, etc etc, and the Fleetwood Brougham and Eldorado, and something to compete in the "executive luxury" realm.

·
Registered
1996 DeVille, 1985 Brougham SAGE GREEN!
2,750 Posts
Alright, I'll explain my logic.

Cadillac offers an excellent value to buyers, whether they're looking for new, used or classic. Loads of features for a good price, and excellent, memorable styling, a great ride, old school comfort and most of the time, more than adequate performance from some pretty advanced and reliable engines.

But.....until just a few years ago their materials weren't quite on par with the european competition (man, has that changed fast!). They don't offer a model range as wide as M-B's or BMW's, but that takes time to set something up like that, and this is my biggest issue, they don't offer anything that competes in the 7 Series/ S Class realm, and there is no full sized hardtop coupe...well really no coupes at all. And it's like they threw their history to the past in order to take more sales from the imports, which is a good goal, but they shouldnt' have gotten rid of all the big models and nameplates that date back to the '50s to get them... A little short sighted I think.

So to really be the "standard of the world" in my book again, I think Cadillac should keep on the track they're on now..excellent materials, great engines, BRILLIANT designs (I'm in love with the '08 CTS!) and the drive to beat BMW and M-B into the ground, but I'd love to see them bring back the classic names....Seville, Deville, etc etc, and the Fleetwood Brougham and Eldorado, and something to compete in the "executive luxury" realm.
They really should bring back a new Fleetwood. It could compete with the 7-series and S Class. They would sell like hot cakes. Give it a retro look,make it look like an '80s Brougham.

There was an advertisement in Lowrider mgazine for DUB wheels. In it they had a drawing of the "new" Fleetwood Brougham V16 or V12. It looked nuts. Very retro,very 80's looking,but modern. I know i still have one of the issues with it in it. Actually, i think thats how i found Cadillac Forums. Trying to see if it was real.

Anyone remember this?

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
I say Cadillac is pretty darn good, but not the standard of the world anymore. I have to add though, that all my credits go to the best corporal improvement that Cadillac ever showed in its history!

So, maybe we will see Cadillac back at the top in a few years?

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
Pretty darn fantabulous (that was ghey).

I pretty much agree with Chad, except that I dont think, nor do I really expect they will ever beat MB or BMW into the ground, so much as become true competitors on a global scale. I mean, BMW nor MB are able to beat the other into the ground. Its all personal taste I think.

Its pretty simple... If Cadillac wants to be the standard of the world, then they need to make me prouder to own their American built product than any other nameplate or badge car on the market. For now, theyre definitely getting there, but I still like my BMWs. I never thought the day would come that I would say this but... If Cadillac is able to continue on their current trend and continue evolving the model line, I dont really see myself needing to buy another BMW. I love them, but if Cadillac can fill all the voids that BMW provides for me, then Ill just stick with Cadillac.

·
Registered
Yep
746 Posts
Well according to the Cadillac Hot Sheet that came out yesterday to dealers, Cadillac currently ranks 3rd in Overall Satisfaction. Lexus was knocked out of number 1, which is good news. The new top three are 1) Jaguar, 2) Buick (Second year in a row), 3) Cadillac. I'd say this is pretty fukcing awesome! :alchi:

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Yes, take the CTS for example. It competes with the 3 Series, A4 and G35, among others. Out of those cars, I'd take the 3 Series first, the A4 2nd and the G35 3rd, then the CTS. Now with the 08 model coming out, it's 1st on the list. I LOVE how that car looks, inside and out, and that's the first "small" Cadillac I can really see myself owning. What did Cadillac have to compete with these cars 10 years ago? Nothing. 20 years ago? Nothing either. So we've come a long way in a very short time, and now we're getting extremely good.

D

·
0 Posts
I like the Escalade and the CTS V. I like the STS V and the XLR V but due to them having Northstars, I will never own one. :bouncy: Styling wise though, they are all ugly save for the Escalade and do NOT evoke the feelings or memories I have of older Cadillacs. :mad:

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
After driving that '84 Biarritz today, I can honestly say Cadillac has come sooo far in the last 23 years!

·
Registered
1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
4,414 Posts
In 50s and beginning of 70s I think Cadillac was really setting standartd of the world . Especially 50s models .Cadillac was also far beyond ahead of its time .
Since GM managed to do that in those days techology why not do the same today ?
Well, I think Cadillac can be as superb as Rolls Royce if they want .However first they should bring back Fleetwood Broughams in traditional Cadillac styling .Because it is much more outstanding than Rolls Royce .
Damnit I dare day they don't plan it making them any more

·
Registered
1979 Phaeton Coupe, 1990 Brougham d'Elegance 5.7 liter
4,416 Posts
I feel similarly to Cadillacboy.

I rated them as pretty darn good, but that's just aimed at the current offerings. If I was to take previous heritage into consideration, that would change. Because to me, up until the mid '80s, Cadillac had the styling of almost any other car beat all to hell.

Now that I've gotten to know the new DTS more, I really like it. The interior screams luxury and taste (the performance edition anyway). The CTS isn't my cup of tea by any means, but if you like sporty cars, it's nice. The STS... well I don't know yet. It still seems redundant to me. The new Escalade is very nice in outward appearance, but I don't like seeing large sheets of hard plastic on the door panels, that just seems so 'Chevrolet' to me. And the XLR will never hit it big, because everybody keeps comparing it to the Corvette and not a Mercedes, then they complain because it's not as sporty. I however like it much more than a Vette, it's a gentleman's roadster.

That's all for me, thank you and goodnight.

·
Registered
Yep
746 Posts
And the XLR will never hit it big, because everybody keeps comparing it to the Corvette and not a Mercedes, then they complain because it's not as sporty. I however like it much more than a Vette, it's a gentleman's roadster.
One of the most intelligent statements I've read on this board. The XLR was created to directly compete with the MB, I think the major question surrounding that car is has Cadillac failed in the way they marketed that car or has the public failed to know/comprehend what that car is capable of & the significance of it to the Cadillac line. :2cents: :alchi:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts