Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1995 Mustang GT w/mods...we went from a roll at about 30mph, were dead even until 45-50mph I pass him up and I shut down at 100+ with him about 2-3 car lengths behind.... we race again from a stop light...he looks and I give him a 2 finger wave.... light turns green and we take off...the guy smokes his tires through out his launch, I do the same and he instantly gains a car length.... I think I hit 50mph when my bumper was at his door. I start to inch ahead passing this guy and gaining 2 car lengths at about 80mph+ I shut it down when I gained a bit more... he pulls over at an olive garden and I follow him inside the parking lot... the guy was cool...told me he had exhaust and intake, and a few other minor mods...I have to admit it was a close race from a stop...funny thing was I had a full tank of gas and I was running with my cleaning supplies in the trunk...air compressor, two huge car shampoo bottles... vacuum cleaner and a few other things; Like books... anyway, doesn’t matter I still smoked him and it felt good!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
what are your mods? 1/4 mile times?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mingrey02gt said:
what are your mods? 1/4 mile times?
like it says on the title...my STS is stock! put in a new air filter when i serviced my car 3 weeks ago, but i wouldn't count that as a mod lol! I recently tested my car with a G timer... best times were

1/4: 14.89
0-60: 6.44

worst times that night were...
1/4: 15.11
0-60: 6.88

*fastest i've ever gone in my car was 130mph on the highway...effortless :coolgleam
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if your wondering how i beat the mustang :rolleyes: the STS has more high end grunt...290lb ft torque....which results in my car rollin longer and stronger than that rustang.... :histeric:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,683 Posts
it's great that you're showing people what the cadillac has to offer, but you really need to watch out with all these street races. Not only do you put yourself in danger but everyone else that shares these roads as well.
Not to mention the penalty for street racing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
I call BS. Was the mustang even racing? Torque helps you off the line. Horsepower keeps you going.

You have a high 14 second car. Thats impressive.
 

·
Registered
1995 FTS
Joined
·
4,577 Posts
I believe it. The 1995 Mustang GT's were dog's. I would dust them in my Spec V with very little effort. Most GT's are auto's which hurt the car even more. I'm a member at a local racing forum and they all love Mustang's. And they all say to stay away from 1994-1998 Mustang GT's. Do you know what mod's were done to the GT? Because if its just CAI, and exhaust then yeah you would have won. But once they start spending money on them that is when they become fast.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
94-95 had the 5.0's in them and are respectable performers. The 96-98 GTs are the turds with the 4.6 with the non p&i heads. An auto 96-98 is a turd and I think they are lucky to run mid 15's. If it was a 96-98, I believe it then.

Since he said a 95 GT with mods, I find it hard to beleive he beat it. I know my STS would be lucky to beat several of the stock 94 - 95's in my mustang club. With all the crap in his truck, I called bs!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mingrey02gt said:
94-95 had the 5.0's in them and are respectable performers. The 96-98 GTs are the turds with the 4.6 with the non p&i heads. An auto 96-98 is a turd and I think they are lucky to run mid 15's. If it was a 96-98, I believe it then.

Since he said a 95 GT with mods, I find it hard to beleive he beat it. I know my STS would be lucky to beat several of the stock 94 - 95's in my mustang club. With all the crap in his truck, I called bs!

I'm sure if it was a 5.0 than it would be a different story, i wouldnt even bother to post it on the forum... but it was a V8...now that i think of it i should have asked more about his car. Again he did take me off the line.... but i caught up top end...even he was suprised...but he knew about the Northstar and told me about his run in with an eldorado when his car was stock... My brother was in a mustang club and he told me that the 95-98 gts were crap...4.6l V8 250hp...which is no match for my N*
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Devil_concours said:
it's great that you're showing people what the cadillac has to offer, but you really need to watch out with all these street races. Not only do you put yourself in danger but everyone else that shares these roads as well.
Not to mention the penalty for street racing.

I appreciate your concern for my safety and the safety of others on the road... But take note that I never race in busy areas...never will...I race at night only... race on long stretch roads and highways, making sure no cars are ahead of me when i do...i always shut it down as soon as I know that the car behind me isn't going to pull, I'm not a show off like some rice drivers who will keep going regardless of winning or losing...
 

·
Registered
1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
Joined
·
1,576 Posts
Mikethegreeat said:
the 95-98 gts were crap...4.6l V8 250hp...which is no match for my N*
You mean the 96-98 GT. I believe they were around 215 hp or close to it. Yeah they are dogs. The only thing that'll really wake them up is a Supercharger.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,258 Posts
'95 was the last year for the 5.0 Mustang. I believe horsepower that year was around 215. '96 was the first year for the 4.6 and, if I'm not mistaken, hp for the early 4.6 ('96-'98) was also 215.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
83 Posts
lux hauler said:
'95 was the last year for the 5.0 Mustang. I believe horsepower that year was around 215. '96 was the first year for the 4.6 and, if I'm not mistaken, hp for the early 4.6 ('96-'98) was also 215.
actually in 97 they changed the 4.6 around which included dohc and 4 valves per cyl. i believe they were rated around 300 horses, and the 4.6 is a better engine than those 5.0 dogs. :histeric:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
You guys might be amazed, but a Stock STS will outrun a stock 5.0 5 speed... All of them, all years.... It will also outrun a stock LT1, Z28, TA, automatic, in a drag race, and any stock6 speed LT1, Z28, TA on the top end... If you have a Z rated STS that is. Remeber, the STS of 96-new is a legitimate 14.6 car when driven properly and has a top speed of 155 if you dont have the "PC" car that shuts off as 98% are.. I have even seen some 14.5 STS's too, and this is not with mods, and the window sticker was still on a brand new one at the track, running 14.5 at 100-101.

If you are a well read weekly wipe racer, as I call it (magazine et's) The magazine times on STS's are like 15+ times as these "journalists" are not in the know about the STS's traction control. If you turn the traction control off you know this already, and turning off traction is what everyone does when they race for et's...On an STS, turning the traction off locks out 1st gear, starting the car off in second, thus making it tons slower, just as the magazine times show exactly.... The STS also did get faster with the "plastic" intake and the OBDII ecm, so the older ones that did not have traction are a little slower in actuality but the magazine et's of the time show faster... I dare any of these magazine guys to take any other car, start in out in second gear, as they are actually doing on the STS, run a 1/4 mile, then print it.... Ignorance is bliss and has made the STS a sleeper throgh this ignorance.....

I will even say that I have run with and beat many corvette LT1 autos in a totally stock STS, and I am not talking about my sligthly modded 97. Its close, and the corvette is legitimatly a little faster stock to stock, but not a whole lot, so if you get even the slightest advantage, the STS will take the 92-96 LT1 automatic corvette by a bit.

The STS is truly a wolf in sheeps clothing.... Dont ever underestimate it.

 

·
Registered
1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
Joined
·
1,576 Posts
dave383 said:
actually in 97 they changed the 4.6 around which included dohc and 4 valves per cyl. i believe they were rated around 300 horses, and the 4.6 is a better engine than those 5.0 dogs. :histeric:
The DOHC, 4 valve per cyl. was only in the Cobra which I say is one bad car.....the GT got the SOHC 4.6 which would get their asses handed to them by them "5.0 dogs"
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,258 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
Actually not.... The DOHC cobra (not the supercharged one) is not much, if any faster than an STS..... In fact the DOHC cobra was the one that ford was buying back due to its poor perfromace and overrated magazine times. I can tell you personally on this as my good buddy had one and even TRASHED the motor trying to beat a 96 STS that I was hounding him with all the time...... Ford bought it back, and he now has the supercharged car... an STS will not hang with it... At least until its supercharged and lets hope that comes about.
 

·
Registered
95 Eldorado ETC
Joined
·
113 Posts
Ultra Slow said:
The STS also did get faster with the "plastic" intake and the OBDII ecm, so the older ones that did not have traction are a little slower in actuality but the magazine et's of the time show faster... I dare any of these magazine guys to take any other car, start in out in second gear, as they are actually doing on the STS, run a 1/4 mile, then print it.... Ignorance is bliss and has made the STS a sleeper throgh this ignorance.....

Actually I am almost positive the 95 ETC/STS is the fastest. In 95 is the year they revised the intake giving it 300hp , yet it still had the obd I ecm, meaning less smog regulations and actually allow them to put out more HP to the wheels. With proper traction I wouldn't be suprise to see these run in the high 5's 0-60. And 96-98 SOHC GT was a dog in auto or 5 speed. And the 99 and 01 Cobras I think are the ones they were buying back.
 

·
Registered
1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
Joined
·
1,576 Posts
The '99 Cobras were the ones that were either bought back or had the problem fixed, depending on what the owner of the car wanted to do.
 
1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Top