Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I just recently purchased a 2004 srx v8 northstar with about 174xxx miles on it . The problem happens intermittently, for no known reason the car suddenly shudders and kinda tracts left a bit like I just ran over some washboards on a dirt road. The radio flashes a traction system engaged message and then goes away. I tried to make it do it by releasing the gas or hitting bumps on the road but it will just randomly due it. Any advice will be appreciated thank u.

·
Registered
96 FWB
866 Posts
At that mileage and lacking DETAILED service history the obvious 1st easiest guess is shock(s). It needs certain harmonic conditions to start.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you FTSS unfortunately I dont have the detailed service history , I only paid 2k for the car and thought it was a good deal. Just hoping it dosent turn out to be some financial burden .

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,780 Posts
Take the car to a parts store and ask them to scan it (for trouble codes). Then use this to decipher and post any found codes.

There may be one or more C (Chassis) codes set.
Maybe for a wheel speed sensor.

·
Registered
2004 SRX V6 AWD
715 Posts
Given the history of wheel bearing problems on these cars, I'll guess random wheel speed sensor readings are causing the traction/stability systems to kick in. Hopefully a scanner will lead you to the correct corner(s) to replace. Lots of threads on which ones to purchase and replacement

1 - 5 of 5 Posts