Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drove my wife's STS this weekend and after having the CTS for the past six weeks I can really feel the difference. While the STS is very comfortable and fairly luxurious, I missed the crisper handling and tighter feel of my CTS. I was actually looking forward to the commute in my CTS this morning.
:burn:

·
Registered
None
987 Posts
doorknob said:
Drove my wife's STS this weekend and after having the CTS for the past six weeks I can really feel the difference. While the STS is very comfortable and fairly luxurious, I missed the crisper handling and tighter feel of my CTS. I was actually looking forward to the commute in my CTS this morning.
:burn:
In this case smaller is better :cool:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RobertCTS said:
Did the STS have a sports suspension? I was thinking STS in 2007 but it would have to have some sort of handling package.
Her's is the V6 Luxury Performance package with all the bells and whistles but not a sports handling package. I believe there is a dealer installed option for the sports handling, however.

She likes the "softer" ride of her car over mine (and, of course, the 40 profile tires transmit a tad more road to the seat than her 50 profile tires).

·
Registered
None
987 Posts
doorknob said:
Her's is the V6 Luxury Performance package with all the bells and whistles but not a sports handling package. I believe there is a dealer installed option for the sports handling, however.

She likes the "softer" ride of her car over mine (and, of course, the 40 profile tires transmit a tad more road to the seat than her 50 profile tires).

If I recall correctly all the STS packages/levels of trim have the same suspension system except the V8 Lux Performance and V8 Premium Lux Performance. The differences in the "Performance" of V6 models is limited slip rear and brake systems

The V8 "performance" models have Magnetic Ride control and V8 "Premium performance" has a different power steering system ZF-Servotronic

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AsAkAs said:
If I recall correctly all the STS packages/levels of trim have the same suspension system except the V8 Lux Performance and V8 Premium Lux Performance. The differences in the "Performance" of V6 models is limited slip rear and brake systems

The V8 "performance" models have Magnetic Ride control and V8 "Premium performance" has a different power steering system ZF-Servotronic
Correct you are, sir. It appears that the only sports handling package on the STS is one available for the V8 and it includes staggered tires and performance brakes, but no mention of springs or shocks. I guess Robert will need to go to the STS-V for the performance suspension.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
My dad has the top model 2005 STS V6, and I know for a fact that it has a steering option (makes it easier to steer at lower speed) and staggered 17" wheels. I am also pretty sure it has upgraded brakes and the sport suspension. Sticker was $49k.

That being said, I ALSO prefer my CTS over the STS for some of the same reaons given above plus my knee doesn't dig into the dash on my CTS.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts