Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ran a 120k MB CL55 Supercharged V8 Saturday Night

MB's most powerful car and modded with pulley and chip. Not everyday you get the chance to run a 493 hp/512 Torque $120,000 car and beat it. Plus I love the quick little jaunts to 135. Had to let off because I was coming up on a car. The guy was really cool. He followed us to IHOP and got out of his car and said "damn, your car is ****ing badass." Not bad for 27k Mustang GT.

Here is the video. Its dark and blurry at first but you get the picture.
Language Warning at the end. I was a little pumped.
http://www.addisonracing.com/movies/street1227007.wmv

More info on the car.

http://www.fast-autos.net/mercedes/03mercedescl55.html
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Re: Ran a 120k MB CL55 Supercharged V8 Saturday Night

Damn....just saw your video. After looking at it a few times--that sh*t got ME pumped. You actually see the other guy's dash gauges, then his front wheel and headlights, then you edge by his ass as you smoke 'em. Good job dude.

mingrey02gt said:
MB's most powerful car and modded with pulley and chip. Not everyday you get the chance to run a 493 hp/512 Torque $120,000 car and beat it. Plus I love the quick little jaunts to 135. Had to let off because I was coming up on a car. The guy was really cool. He followed us to IHOP and got out of his car and said "damn, your car is ****ing badass." Not bad for 27k Mustang GT.

Here is the video. Its dark and blurry at first but you get the picture.
Language Warning at the end. I was a little pumped.
http://www.addisonracing.com/movies/street1227007.wmv

More info on the car.

http://www.fast-autos.net/mercedes/03mercedescl55.html
 

·
...Reloaded
'05 XLR
Joined
·
1,698 Posts
The Thread title says SL55, and the link in the first Post refers to the CL55. Either way, they're awesome cars and quite fast. However, I'd suggest avoiding the E55 - It's significantly faster than the other 55 series AMG's - I'm afraid the tables would turn... :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
158 Posts
:bighead: NICE KILL! You sure showed Mr. Mercedes the view of your stang from the back he didn't want to see. Do you have nitrous?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the Sandman said:
The Thread title says SL55, and the link in the first Post refers to the CL55. Either way, they're awesome cars and quite fast. However, I'd suggest avoiding the E55 - It's significantly faster than the other 55 series AMG's - I'm afraid the tables would turn... :)
Yeah, I thought I changed the title to CL55. Its the vert version of the E55. The e55 I believe is .2 faster than the CL.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ShadowLvr400 said:
Shrug. Didn't do much for me... Too short, and have no idea what speeds...
Thats what fast cars do. The racing videos get shorter and shorter. :p

the run started at 50 MPH and I shut it down at 135. The video starts after I had shifted in 3rd. Started off in 2nd and we were nose to nose the whole time until you see in the video where I started to pull on him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GERMEEZY1 said:
:bighead: NICE KILL! You sure showed Mr. Mercedes the view of your stang from the back he didn't want to see. Do you have nitrous?
No, its supercharged. I'm running the Vortech V2-SQ with the aftercooler and ~10#'s of boost. I am ordering the pulley to raise the boost to 12#'s. :D
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top