Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Customized black on tan 3.6L CTS
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well that was my best run. I may have had a better run but there was a couple that the printout didnt come out. Conditions look even better for tonights racing and I should get about 14.6 or 14.7.

I actually only lost twice all night. Once was to a souped up Camaro SS and the other was to a modified Mustang GT.

I did beat a 95 Mustang GT. Though his actual time was better I got him on the launch/reaction time. I also beat a couple 80s style V8 camaros. One was modified for sure and the other was dirt slow.

I love this car. Tons of people were coming up to me and giving me props on it.

I decided to enter the trophy race for my first time ever. I actually made it to the final round. I had my dial in at 14.75 I beat the modified Camaro in the first round. Then my next race was against that slow ass camaro rs. The dude had his dial in at like 16 something! After his nearly two second head start the CTS closed the gap quickly and I won!

Then in the final race for the trophy the modified Stang had a dial in of like 14.3. I squeeled my tires badly on the launch and ended up losing just barely. HAHA I wanted that trophy damnit!

Most of my runs last night were for the trophy races so i wasnt getting my best times. I was more concerned with winning. I got a bunch of videos. I will post them when I get back to Des Moines.

Wish me luck for tonight!

Also, I got super drunk after the races so sorry if this post is not very well written!

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also- I checked my tire pressures and they were all at like 40psi. This seems a tad bit high to me. Though I was not having a problem with peeling out on my launch

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS, Black Raven. Name: Car-los
3,201 Posts
Well that was my best run. I may have had a better run but there was a couple that the printout didnt come out. Conditions look even better for tonights racing and I should get about 14.6 or 14.7.

I actually only lost twice all night. Once was to a souped up Camaro SS and the other was to a modified Mustang GT.

I did beat a 95 Mustang GT. Though his actual time was better I got him on the launch/reaction time. I also beat a couple 80s style V8 camaros. One was modified for sure and the other was dirt slow.

I love this car. Tons of people were coming up to me and giving me props on it.

I decided to enter the trophy race for my first time ever. I actually made it to the final round. I had my dial in at 14.75 I beat the modified Camaro in the first round. Then my next race was against that slow ass camaro rs. The dude had his dial in at like 16 something! After his nearly two second head start the CTS closed the gap quickly and I won!

Then in the final race for the trophy the modified Stang had a dial in of like 14.3. I squeeled my tires badly on the launch and ended up losing just barely. HAHA I wanted that trophy damnit!

Most of my runs last night were for the trophy races so i wasnt getting my best times. I was more concerned with winning. I got a bunch of videos. I will post them when I get back to Des Moines.

Wish me luck for tonight!

Also, I got super drunk after the races so sorry if this post is not very well written!
thats great. im sure a lot more people would have gave you props is you had some nice chrome rims, most of them black:D

·
Registered
Cadillac
57 Posts
Hey, that's great. That's pretty good, getting to the final round your 1st time bracket racing. I won my 1st 2 rounds today taking out the points leader in the 1st round for the 3rd time in 3 weeks. Unfortunately, I broke out in the 3rd round running a 13.508 on a 13.62 dial. And Oh, I ran the TBird today. The CTS is retired until the next breakdown. Atlanta Dragway was really slow today. We are at 1100' but the density altitude today was 4000-3600' all day with a track temp of 144 degrees. I ran a half second slower than normal. Most of the cars were affected, some with electronics and some w/o, but others seemed to have no problem. Today was not a day for records and the SC was a full second off it's best. Now I'm wondering how the CTS would've done. I hope you had some good luck tonight.

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have an auto. I got to the track tonight and it was rained out!! Im so pissed right now....

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
^ deal with it... see mr. bacardi

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6 Auto w/ Sport & Luxury Packages
555 Posts
And shouldn't there be some big props to the tune shop along with this thread?

Nick, thanks for the time and effort you invested in getting the tune and now demonstrating how effective it was!

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
i'm still kinda confused... and probably a little unsatisfied.

nick, you have about 3 thousand dollars worth of performance mods done to the CTS & its only made the car .2 (1/5th) of a second faster than stock? AND ON TOP OF ALL THAT YOU WERE REMOVING WEIGHT FROM THE CAR and icing intake & all that....

by no means am i trying to throw anything against u, and i want that to be clear.
i'm just shocked that when this car is doing 15.0 bone stock, and u throw a cold air intake in the mix, add an x-pipe, add magnaflow mufflers, tune the ECU, and remove the spare in the trunk, you are only gain .2 of a second... new time=14.8

and i forgot to congratulate you in my other post.... good kills and i DO appreciate you investing so much of your time to/for the CTS community.

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
HAHA already been hitting the Kettle One and Boulevard! :alchi:

All in all I have about 1100 in performance mods on the car. I know it is capable of 14.6 Im just yet to get there. That is pretty damn good in my book.

I have heard 15.1 bone stock. That is with a professional driver under 100% optimal conditions. The driver is also probably half my weight! LOL!

I didnt really ice the intake. The ice packs were not very effective so I kind of abandoned that idea.

Big 3 did a PHENOMAL job on tuning the car. Youre getting 18hp and 19ftlbs for like $300. You cant ask for a better gain for the price!

Dont be disappointed Kid. It will get better for sure. Look at my zero to 60 times!! 6.7 stock and Im at 6 flat.

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
HAHA already been hitting the Kettle One and Boulevard! :alchi:

All in all I have about 1100 in performance mods on the car. I know it is capable of 14.6 Im just yet to get there. That is pretty damn good in my book.

I have heard 15.1 bone stock. That is with a professional driver under 100% optimal conditions. The driver is also probably half my weight! LOL!

I didnt really ice the intake. The ice packs were not very effective so I kind of abandoned that idea.

Big 3 did a PHENOMAL job on tuning the car. Youre getting 18hp and 19ftlbs for like $300. You cant ask for a better gain for the price!

Dont be disappointed Kid. It will get better for sure. Look at my zero to 60 times!! 6.7 stock and Im at 6 flat.

the pro drivers & everything u are talking about pulled out a 15 flat on a 3.6L cts.
members here that take theirs to the track, Mike2906 for instance, pulled out a 15.06 on his... http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-forum/112842-coaxed-15-06-out-my-cts.html

Big three's tune giving u 18 hp at the wheels for only 300 is GREAT!! better than 12?13?14? from the volant... i'm not knocking them! i know they have skill (Escalade-V makes mike a believer, lol).

but it just doesnt seem right, you SHOULD be pulling down those 14.6s that you're predicting... and dont knock your driving cus i see that you're taking measures & trying different things for best times....
idk, i guess i'm just pissed that this car isnt mod friendly :crybaby:

and, stop saying "kid" its "mike," damnit!

·
Registered
Cadillac
57 Posts
Keep in mind guys that how a car runs on a hot summer day is not indicative of how quick it will run under better conditions. I've been drag racing regularly for 5 years now and I know from experience that summertime is not the time for records. Nick, take your CTS back to the track in October when it's cooler and you'll be surprised at how much quicker it'll run. You should easily be able to beat that 14.6 when the air temps are in the 60's and the humidity is low as on a nice crisp cool fall day. Atmospherics will make a tremendous difference on how the car performs.

·
Registered
none :(
2,045 Posts
Right. What was the DA that day? You say you had 40 psi in your tires? Air up the fronts air down the backs. How was track prep? Were they using any VHT?
There are just to many variables. I can go out one day and run 12.00s in the WS6 because of good air temp and track prep, but on a warm day with bad prep run 12.30 because my 60 foot sucks.
I did have one car though. It didn't matter what track prep was, air temp, time of year etc. A bone stock A4 1994 Z28 with 125,000 miles on it and it would run 14.25 at 98.xx mph no matter what I did. I won two trophies with that car and made it numerous rounds. I should have kept it just as a bracket racer.

·
Banned
2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant
15,987 Posts
so wait
your runnin 14.8 best and MAYBE a 14.6 and your takin trash sayin you can take my 14.2 ETC
rofl
im still waiting....

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
so wait
your runnin 14.8 best and MAYBE a 14.6 and your takin trash sayin you can take my 14.2 ETC
rofl
im still waiting....

I know I cant take your ETC..... YET! Next year buddy...... :thumbsup:

·
Banned
2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant
15,987 Posts
hes gonna funny fume her
only way to make that 6 banger take my 8
juz messin Nick nothin but love

1 - 20 of 33 Posts