Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1990 DeVille
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm short, and would like to elevate the entire seat assembly at least on the driver side of this pristine '90 DeVille.

It seems that I should get more vertical travel, but when I try with the armrest controls it works fine but not far enough, and I get that nasty clicking.

Can I pull the seat and install some blocks under the track or mounts?

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Fleetwood 60 Special
230 Posts
There is a TSB that covers this problem for 91-92 models. I don't see why it would be any different for yours. You may not find the appropriate kit, but i'm sure something could be fabed to fit.

Bulletin No.
T-92-125
File in Group
Number
Corp. Ref. No.
101605R
Date
August, 1992

SUBJECT:
DRIVER'S SEAT CANNOT BE ADJUSTED HIGH ENOUGH (CORRECTION KIT)

MODELS AFFECTED:
1991-1992 DE VILLES AND FLEETWOODS

Some 1991-1992 DeVilles and Fleetwoods may experience a condition where the seat may not have enough upward travel.

To repair this condition use the following procedure:

1. Remove the four hex-head bolts attaching the seat frame to the adjuster. On vehicles with the six-way power seat option, the adjuster must be in the full up position to remove these bolts.

2. Insert spacer from kit, P/N 12520796, between the seat frame and adjuster at all four bolt locations. Refer to Figure 1.

3. Coat threads of the new replacement bolts with thread sealant/adhesive, GM P/N 12345382, and attach the seat frame to the adjuster.

4. Torque the attaching bolts to 22-28 N-m (17 lbs.ft.).

Parts are currently available from GMSPO.

For warranty purposes use Labor Operations T5310 for left and T5311 for right at .8 hour each.

Attachments

·
Registered
1990 DeVille
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This might be a perfect solution. I looked at the floor mounts, but there's no convenient way to elevate entire seat - the bolts are simply too short.

This approach is better. I'll try it, and thank you.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,483 Posts
Locate a set of grade 8 bolts in the necessary length at your local hardware store. Use however many stacked s/s washers and a lockwasher you need.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts