Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
seville 96, Catera 97, eldorodo 97
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Seville 96 has recently giving a problem that rain water enters front passenger side near feet (comes from somewhere from console. I know that inside the engine area, one plate to cover the air(near firewall is missing for the last several years but there was no issue with the water entering the car.

Could it be the wind screen needs sealing? If so any experience how to seal it. Or should I take it to the Auto glass or auto mechanice. Any ides please?

Thanks
John

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,997 Posts
Could be the windshield, especially if it was replaced, but check the drain under the HAVC box on the firewall where the A/C condensate drains first.

·
Registered
seville 96, Catera 97, eldorodo 97
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ranger,

Thanks so much. In fact, I found out that the water leaks in to the car only when AC is running. Is this HVAC box visible from the top or should I remove the right hand wheel and access the drain pipe. Any idea how to clear drain. Will any wire into the drain pipe be enough. I tried to see from the top but could not find out any drain pipe coming out of evaporator.

Thanks
Anwer

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,997 Posts
It is underneath the car. Get it up on ramps or jack stands. Locate the drain and clean it out with a wire or coat hangar. The HVAC box is the big plastic "box" on the firewall that the blower motor is mounted in.

·
Registered
2002 Cadillac Seville STS
192 Posts
I had the EXACT same problem in my 2002 Seville STS. After about 6 months, all new door seals, replacing the windshield, they finally located the leak UNDER the front right quarter panel. They took off the fender and found that the seam that was welded at the factory was leaking AND their was a piece of caulk tape, which was put on to a standard hole on the inner fender, was installed improperly and needed to be re sealed.

They can use a sniffer, pressurize the interior of the car and find the leak if you take the time to do so.

Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts