Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
2006 DTS
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 2006 DTS. I was wondering if all of them came with the rain sensor feature. Mine doesn't seem to be working if it did. I can't see the sensor if it has one from the outside. I was wondering if it's behind this piece of plastic from the rear view mirror and where the compass wires come through. If so is it safe to take a little screwdriver and push in to get that little plastic piece to pop off? It's not overly important that it works or not I was just curious. I've never had a vehicle with a rain sensor so it's no big deal I can reach over and turn wipers on just like any other vehicle. I also tried looking for a fuse in my owner's manual but didn't see one that was labeled anything like that. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

Registered
2006 DTS
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not quite sure what you meant by the interval section but I've tried different things even while sitting in a car wash and it's quite possible I just have the regular wipers which is fine I have no complaints. I was just seeing if there was something I overlooked. I like the .07 for inflation comment.馃槒馃槀

Registered
2006 DTS
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I went outside to play with it again and on the selector switch I pushed the lever to the windshield wiper icon and it bounced back to the open icon which I had done before. I also rotated the selector clockwise down to the wiper icon while the vehicle was running obviously and poured half a bottle of water directly behind the rear view mirror and nothing. I'm going to try it again when I go to a car wash but I presume that means that I do not have the auto sensing. Like I said no big deal I just had a friend who had an SUV with one and thought it was kind of cool.

Attachments

Registered
2006 DTS
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the reply. I kind of thought I didn't have it but that's okay. Yeah you're right technology it's a double-edged sword. 馃檮Sorry about the flat tire. 馃様

Registered
2006 DTS
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The switch you are talking about (pictured in post #4) is for the heated washer fluid and should have been disabled under a recall. You should see the connector wires cut as pictured below. It looks to me like you have rainsense. I thought it was a standard feature. Reread your owners manual. It should answer your question.

View attachment 616449

View attachment 616450
Thank you I looked they must have done a very good clean uninstall on mine.

Attachments

Registered
2006 DTS
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Okay thanks. Based on some research if I understand correctly the 06 DTS only had 2 options they are standard and performance. The 07 DTS split standard into 3 options L1, L2, L3 and performance. Then in 08 or 09 they added platinum to the mix. So I'll presume I just have standard features. The owner's manual is kind of generic because it states several times if your car has this feature. If your car has that feature. Which makes fiscal sense to print a book that describes all the features in several models rather than one book per model.

Registered
2006 DTS
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You might try entering your VIN into www.compnine.com. If it works you get a complete RPO build sheet download plus another 4 any time you want them. $5.
Thanks I'll give it a look. I looked at another website for only a dollar I was supposed to be able to look at my info and for an additional 95 cents I was supposed to be able to download it. It kicked me out of the system charge my bank account $1.95 I replied to a text from them saying I got kicked out of the system and please resend it or provide me with the link but I've heard nothing back from them. Now I can't find the website on my phone or I did once but couldn't find out how to contact them information so I don't know.

Registered
2006 DTS
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
According to the 2006 & 2007 DTS brochures, below are the different trim levels that were offered.

The 2006 DTS offered 4 trim levels:
( LUX I or Base model , LUX II , LUX III , Performance)

The 2007 DTS offered 4 trim levels:
( DTS V8 or Base , LUX I , LUX II , Performance)

The RPO sticker that is located on the underside of the spare wheel cover that lists the RPO codes or options your car came with will tell you everything you need to know. A picture of that sticker will help identify trim level & options.
Thanks for that info. Yeah I found it. They sure do hide them. Not that I remembered to look for one. Now all I have to do is decipher it.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts