Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2006 DTS
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 2006 DTS. I was wondering if all of them came with the rain sensor feature. Mine doesn't seem to be working if it did. I can't see the sensor if it has one from the outside. I was wondering if it's behind this piece of plastic from the rear view mirror and where the compass wires come through. If so is it safe to take a little screwdriver and push in to get that little plastic piece to pop off? It's not overly important that it works or not I was just curious. I've never had a vehicle with a rain sensor so it's no big deal I can reach over and turn wipers on just like any other vehicle. I also tried looking for a fuse in my owner's manual but didn't see one that was labeled anything like that. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 SRX 3.6 Perf. 2010 DTS 4.6 Lux
279 Posts
The rain sensor windshield wipers is an option, not standard equipment. Delay wipers are standard. After the wipers make several passes the headlights and other running lights will come on. I am not sure how you can tell the difference. You should be able to place the switch in the interval. If the wipers make more than one pass on a dry day you have the regular wipers. If they do nothing when you place them in the interval area, try spraying the windshield with a garden hose and see if they engage.

Just my 7 cents. (2 cents adjusted for inflation.)

·
Registered
2006 DTS
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not quite sure what you meant by the interval section but I've tried different things even while sitting in a car wash and it's quite possible I just have the regular wipers which is fine I have no complaints. I was just seeing if there was something I overlooked. I like the .07 for inflation comment.😏😂

·
Registered
2006 DTS
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I went outside to play with it again and on the selector switch I pushed the lever to the windshield wiper icon and it bounced back to the open icon which I had done before. I also rotated the selector clockwise down to the wiper icon while the vehicle was running obviously and poured half a bottle of water directly behind the rear view mirror and nothing. I'm going to try it again when I go to a car wash but I presume that means that I do not have the auto sensing. Like I said no big deal I just had a friend who had an SUV with one and thought it was kind of cool.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2011 SRX4 3.0 4WD Luxury
1,692 Posts
yea it is cool...when it works correctly, i like it, but dunno if i would spend the $ trying to the option...my wife loves it.....

steve

·
Registered
2014 SRX 3.6 Perf. 2010 DTS 4.6 Lux
279 Posts
The interval area is just above the “off” zero. The different sized dashes indicate the relative time between swipes. Except it it always seemed to be marked backwards. The longer dashes indicate longer run time and short rest between swipes. All I can tell you for sure is that your control is identical to mine and I do not have rainsense wipers on my DTS.

I do however have a flat tire.

I also have rainsense on my 2014 SRX. Like Tripwire said, great when they work. My wife hates them. They periodically swipe on clear sunny days for no apparent reason. Then when it rains they sometimes don’t turn on even when the windshield is covered in water. Technology…

·
Registered
2021 Cadillac XT4 Premium Luxury FWD
21 Posts
I have the 2006 DTS. I was wondering if all of them came with the rain sensor feature. Mine doesn't seem to be working if it did. I can't see the sensor if it has one from the outside. I was wondering if it's behind this piece of plastic from the rear view mirror and where the compass wires come through. If so is it safe to take a little screwdriver and push in to get that little plastic piece to pop off? It's not overly important that it works or not I was just curious. I've never had a vehicle with a rain sensor so it's no big deal I can reach over and turn wipers on just like any other vehicle. I also tried looking for a fuse in my owner's manual but didn't see one that was labeled anything like that. Thank you in advance.
You don’t have the rain sensor at all.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
88,980 Posts
So I went outside to play with it again and on the selector switch I pushed the lever to the windshield wiper icon and it bounced back to the open icon which I had done before. I also rotated the selector clockwise down to the wiper icon while the vehicle was running obviously and poured half a bottle of water directly behind the rear view mirror and nothing. I'm going to try it again when I go to a car wash but I presume that means that I do not have the auto sensing. Like I said no big deal I just had a friend who had an SUV with one and thought it was kind of cool.
The switch you are talking about (pictured in post #4) is for the heated washer fluid and should have been disabled under a recall. You should see the connector wires cut as pictured below. It looks to me like you have rainsense. I thought it was a standard feature. Reread your owners manual. It should answer your question.

Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Car

Hand Tire Automotive tire Tread Finger

·
Registered
2006 DTS
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The switch you are talking about (pictured in post #4) is for the heated washer fluid and should have been disabled under a recall. You should see the connector wires cut as pictured below. It looks to me like you have rainsense. I thought it was a standard feature. Reread your owners manual. It should answer your question.

View attachment 616449

View attachment 616450
Thank you I looked they must have done a very good clean uninstall on mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
2011 DTS Premium
210 Posts
Thank you. I'm not sure what model I have I might have to try to do another VIN search and look closer.
I'd line up other features that you know are/aren't present with various option packages in the brochure or just look up the option codes on the spare tire cover. From what I've heard, GM doesn't provide the build sheets based on vin number anymore.

·
Registered
2006 DTS
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Okay thanks. Based on some research if I understand correctly the 06 DTS only had 2 options they are standard and performance. The 07 DTS split standard into 3 options L1, L2, L3 and performance. Then in 08 or 09 they added platinum to the mix. So I'll presume I just have standard features. The owner's manual is kind of generic because it states several times if your car has this feature. If your car has that feature. Which makes fiscal sense to print a book that describes all the features in several models rather than one book per model.

·
Registered
2006 DTS
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You might try entering your VIN into www.compnine.com. If it works you get a complete RPO build sheet download plus another 4 any time you want them. $5.
Thanks I'll give it a look. I looked at another website for only a dollar I was supposed to be able to look at my info and for an additional 95 cents I was supposed to be able to download it. It kicked me out of the system charge my bank account $1.95 I replied to a text from them saying I got kicked out of the system and please resend it or provide me with the link but I've heard nothing back from them. Now I can't find the website on my phone or I did once but couldn't find out how to contact them information so I don't know.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts