Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Cts
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to disable the rain sense feature? We have a 2012 Luxury and do not like this feature. It doesn't work the way we expected it to. When in this mode the wipers operate when not needed and sometimes not when they should. We have tried different settings on the intermittent setting to no avail. Would rather have normal intermittent settings for the conditions.

·
0 Posts
Mine is on the wiper control stalk push down one notch it is off . It is in your manual
Is there a way to disable the rain sense feature? We have a 2012 Luxury and do not like this feature. It doesn't work the way we expected it to. When in this mode the wipers operate when not needed and sometimes not when they should. We have tried different settings on the intermittent setting to no avail. Would rather have normal intermittent settings for the conditions.

·
Registered
14 SRX Luxury
613 Posts
Push the turn signal stock down to disable them, but if I remember right, you can set the sensitivity of them. It's covered in your manual I'm sure.

·
Registered
'14 SRX4 Perf., Crystal Red Shale/Brownstone, DAP, spare
758 Posts
If you have the 'rain sense' system it does not have the traditional intermittant capability. Your only option is to turn it off as stated above.

Personally, it's one of my favorite features on the vehicle (just have to remember to turn it off when going through a car wash, although it will quickly remind me if I don't).

·
Registered
XT4 RED SPORT
2,390 Posts
I believe once you get to know how to use the auto sensing wiper feature you will love it. It has a sensitivity selection that is very similar to regular delayed wipers. I leave mine off when there is no rain and for those rare few occasions when they may accidently come on.

*If you go through a car wash and your car is in neutral the rear wipers and front rain sensor will not activate.

·
Registered
'14 SRX4 Perf., Crystal Red Shale/Brownstone, DAP, spare
758 Posts
*If you go through a car wash and your car is in neutral the rear wipers and front rain sensor will not activate.
Interesting, I'll have to check that out. I think what may be triggering mine is when I first pull into the car wash I use they are 'pre-washing' vehicles and the overspray/mist from that process hits me while still in gear. It's still a good reminder to fold the mirrors.

Edit: ^ That is what's happening.

·
Registered
2010 SRX Luxury
373 Posts
All interesting facts, we had rain here in Los Angeles on Friday and I had forgotten how these auto wipers work and
thought maybe they were not set correctly, I will now revisit this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts