Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Eldorado
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to update the below post from last week.

Saturday morning, used a garden hose to put water back in at the coolant cap on the inner fender well, passenger-side in Japan (left side looking at the motor). As I put the water in, after a short while, heard it coming out. I localized the point where it was exiting. Looking at the motor, front right side. There is a small quarter-sized hole, a hole pre-manufactured at the factory. The water came out as if someone had opened a valve and it was meant to exit at this location where the hole was. Obvious, but water is not reaching inside the block with the thermostat closed.

The other night, the water came out (sprayed) eratically as it was under heat and pressure, most likely sprayed out from the area just above the hole. It's a holiday this week in Japan, so the car has sat in my driveway all weekend. I don't have a way to elevate the front end and disassemble the body parts where this premanufactured hole is, so that I can gain a vantage point to the real problem.

Does anyone know where I can locate, or can send me a schematic of the '95Eldorado radiator and overflow aparatus so I know which part may have failed?

Any insights appreciated?

Scott

________ Previous Post ___________

Several days ago, my on-board displayed a number "4" and indicated I needed to check my coolant level. Temperature never exceeded normal operating temps (always between 202-223). When cooled down, I did check at the radiator cap, middle way back toward firewall right side near inner fender-well in engine bay. I was low approx. 10-cups of water. Refilled and checked various times during the next 2-days and the level remained constant, again with no higher-than-normal temperatures.

Last night, drove home, again normal temperatures, and backing into the driveway, 216 degrees. My usual route to and from work in Japan, 25 mph, with about 20-traffic signals.

I turned the car off, got out, and then heard what sounded like a pop or cork coming out of a bottle. Then what sounded like water being poured onto the driveway. I moved to the front and underneath saw water draining down, facing the front end, to the right side. Not sure what gave up, the radiator itself or a smaller part. Would think that operating temperatures would have increased significantly if a closed thermostat was the problem. That did not happen. Anyone seen this before? Any insights or recommendations are welcomed?

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
87,115 Posts
With water running like that you should have had no problem pin pointing the leak source.

·
Registered
1995 Eldorado
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone have a diagram of a '95 Eldorado radiator, core support and overflow system?

:thepan:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts