Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my 2023 CT5 PL today. Starting to learn all the functions. Not sure why but when listening to the radio I like to play it loud when I'm alone. However, the volume would not increase at a certain point. While turning up the volume the sound would not increase around the halfway point but the volume graph increased all the way. With the volume all the way up it was not too loud at all. Any suggestions why this is? I haven't found anything in the owner's manual about this yet.

· Registered
2020 CT6 Premium Luxury; 2009 DTS Premium Luxury; 2009 STS V6 AWD & 2002/2000 Eldorado ETC (traded)
758 Posts
Picked up my 2023 CT5 PL today. Starting to learn all the functions. Not sure why but when listening to the radio I like to play it loud when I'm alone. However, the volume would not increase at a certain point. While turning up the volume the sound would not increase around the halfway point but the volume graph increased all the way. With the volume all the way up it was not too loud at all. Any suggestions why this is? I haven't found anything in the owner's manual about this yet.
Are you talking about actual radio like FM or files from a phone using bluetooth or a flash drive? FM tends to be louder than the others overall in my CT6 and this was the same on my previous vehicle, a 2009 STS where FM was louder than CD's. Maybe there is an update for the CUE system that will fix that.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was listening to siriusxm. The lack of volume is much greater than the difference between different devices. Driving with the window down and volume all the way up is not at all loud.

· Super Moderator
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
4,512 Posts
Some ideas.
Have you gone into CUE to Audio in the Apps section, and have you gone to Teen Driver settings in the Vehicle section? In the Audio section under Apps there are different settings one can choose...I have mine set to favour the driver with the best sound ie. just in front of centre point. If I set for the rear passengers the sound is not very loud no matter how much I increase it. Under the Teen settings the max volume can be set to a certain value that cannot be gone beyond. Teen Driver should not be set because there is a special process to do that...but you never know.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Went back to dealer and to make a long story short, the 9 speakers are not Bose but I was made to believe they were. It seems ridiculous that Cadillac would put such a shitty radio in any model of their cars. One of the service managers agreed with me that the sound is not right but they do not have another CT5 with the 9 speaker system to compare it to. They have one other CT5 but it has the 15 speaker Bose package and it is a night and day difference. It is a White 2022 model and mine is a Black 2023 model. It also has the recorder cameras and rearview mirror camera. It is $3,000 more than mine. They said they would take mine back if it has not been titled yet and cover half of the difference which is $1,500. My dilemma is if I want a white one that's a year older calendar wise. I like dark colored cars but I'm also a hard rock fan and like it loud. Decisions!!!

· Registered
2022 CT5-V Blackwing 6MT
1,600 Posts
You’ll never be satisfied if you keep this one. The white is very nice. Get the windows tinted and it’ll look like a storm trooper. I’d see I’d I could get them to do the swap straight up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Super Moderator
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
4,512 Posts
Went back to dealer and to make a long story short, the 9 speakers are not Bose but I was made to believe they were. It seems ridiculous that Cadillac would put such a shitty radio in any model of their cars. One of the service managers agreed with me that the sound is not right but they do not have another CT5 with the 9 speaker system to compare it to. They have one other CT5 but it has the 15 speaker Bose package and it is a night and day difference. It is a White 2022 model and mine is a Black 2023 model. It also has the recorder cameras and rearview mirror camera. It is $3,000 more than mine. They said they would take mine back if it has not been titled yet and cover half of the difference which is $1,500. My dilemma is if I want a white one that's a year older calendar wise. I like dark colored cars but I'm also a hard rock fan and like it loud. Decisions!!!
What brand is in it then? Anyone else on here with the same number of speakers and sound system to let the OP know if his has malfunctioned or not?

Bit of a tough choice re: the change over to another CT5...you get more car but a year older, you are not fancy on the colour, and have to pay $1500 more, but you get the sound system you want and some other options you don't have. How about mileage between the two...would that make up for it if the white one has a lot lower miles?

· Registered
2020 CT6 Premium Luxury; 2009 DTS Premium Luxury; 2009 STS V6 AWD & 2002/2000 Eldorado ETC (traded)
758 Posts
Sorry to hear about the speakers. Some newer Cadillac's are coming with AKG speakers but I have never heard those so can't compare but I've had BOSE systems in Cadillac's going back to around the 1990's and they've all been better than the standard systems. Do they play loud? That is subjective. I find that the volume is more than enough but that is for you to decide. SiriusXM by the way is compressed so that is not always the best for comparison purposes. I wouldn't worry about the one model being a 2022 if it has what you want. I'm with you on the sound issue. I don't want a poor sounding system especially as I keep my vehicles for the long term which is usually around eight years or more.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What brand is in it then? Anyone else on here with the same number of speakers and sound system to let the OP know if his has malfunctioned or not?

Bit of a tough choice re: the change over to another CT5...you get more car but a year older, you are not fancy on the colour, and have to pay $1500 more, but you get the sound system you want and some other options you don't have. How about mileage between the two...would that make up for it if the white one has a lot lower miles?
I have about 60 miles on the black one and the white one has about 10 miles. If Motor Vehicles has not made a title for mine yet I will probably take the white one.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry to hear about the speakers. Some newer Cadillac's are coming with AKG speakers but I have never heard those so can't compare but I've had BOSE systems in Cadillac's going back to around the 1990's and they've all been better than the standard systems. Do they play loud? That is subjective. I find that the volume is more than enough but that is for you to decide. SiriusXM by the way is compressed so that is not always the best for comparison purposes. I wouldn't worry about the one model being a 2022 if it has what you want. I'm with you on the sound issue. I don't want a poor sounding system especially as I keep my vehicles for the long term which is usually around eight years or more.
The sound is ok but not what I expected. There's hardly any bass, probably no sub, and to compare to the Bose system in the white 2022 model is like a boom box in mine. I listen to bands such as Iron Maiden, Tool, Pantera etc. so it's the law to have a killer system. Lol

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You’ll never be satisfied if you keep this one. The white is very nice. Get the windows tinted and it’ll look like a storm trooper. I’d see I’d I could get them to do the swap straight up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think that's what I will do. A few of my friends said the same.

· Registered
758 Posts
The sound is ok but not what I expected. There's hardly any bass, probably no sub, and to compare to the Bose system in the white 2022 model is like a boom box in mine. I listen to bands such as Iron Maiden, Tool, Pantera etc. so it's the law to have a killer system. Lol
It's great that you have a choice here being that the black one has an audio system that is not to your liking.

I've had three diamond white Cadillac's over the years and the newer color is similar but whiter so it will still stand out more than the black I would think. Let us know how it all works out.

Also, if it had Bose speakers there should be a label on the grille indicating that which has been the case for years. Even my 2009 DTS has the Bose label on the speaker grilles. Before that, some models did not but the Bose name was on the factory radio unit instead of the grilles.

· Registered
2022 CT5 RWD
69 Posts
I love the white...Wise choice in my book. You will love the upgraded BOSE system...even though I am only a Hall & Oates/James Taylor/America/Steely Dan guy, it still sounds great:)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts