Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2008 SRX
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2008 SRX and want to change the radio to a 2008 SRX navigation
Radio.Would it be an exact replacement or is there other parts needed for replacement.

·
Registered
2009 SRX AWD 3.6L
326 Posts
IMO, there is no reason to want to do this. The factory navigation sucks. Get an aftermarket unit that has Bluetooth (no first gen SRX had this) and navigation and you will be much happier.

·
Registered
2004 CTS 3.6, 2004 SRX 4.6 AWD, 2012 CTS 3.6 DI AWD
1,229 Posts
IMO, there is no reason to want to do this. The factory navigation sucks. Get an aftermarket unit that has Bluetooth (no first gen SRX had this) and navigation and you will be much happier.
Sucks yes. But the stock look goes a long way for many people. I would almost phrase it as cheesy to go stick one to the windshield. even aftermarket wheels it's just corny once a line is crossed.

·
Registered
2008 Escalade, 2007 SRX
337 Posts
The stock navigation isn't as bad as people make it out to be. I don't really think any of the standalone GPS devices perform much better. Now, if you want to compare to Google Maps, then Google wins hands down.

To answer your question, make sure your truck has the same Bose speakers as the navigation (I think it might be UQS) or it won't work for sure. You will also need the GPS antenna. I haven't done the research on the SRX platform though, just throwing out there what I know from my Traiblazer days. The radio will need to be programmed for the theftlock will make it unusable, also.

·
Registered
2008 SRX
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will look into the Bose speakers first. Before I invest into the radio. Thank you for that information.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts