Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
DTS
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 DTS, when drivers door opened the courtesy light does not come on, when shutting down after ignition is off the radio keeps playing along with the button lights even after drivers door is opened. After ten minutes all that stuff shuts off. Reading threads it seems like a drivers door module or switch mechanism (are they the same thing?) I was going to remove the door panel and inspect, clean possibly lube any switch/latch mechanism which are accessible. Luckily I have a hard fail so if I can temporarily fix it I should be able to confirm the bad part.

·
Registered
2002 Deville and 2009 DTS
449 Posts
Yea, check the contact switch that closes when the door is closed. I'll have to look at my wifes car when I get home and tell you where it is.

·
2006 DTS perf
2006 DTS Performance Lux III
956 Posts
The module and switch are two different components. It sounds like the door switch as the courtesy lights do not come on.

·
Registered
04 Deville, 11 DTS Premium, 00 Deville (sold), 02 Deville (sold)
2,683 Posts
The switch that senses the door is open is part of the "Door Lock Actuator". You will need to remove the door panel to access/replace it... it's buried deep inside the door. All the door handle rods and manual lock knob rod connect to it.

Attached is the instruction sheet that comes with the 2000-2005 Deville "Door Lock Actuator" it should be the same. Make sure the switch teeth for the door open/closed position are adjusted correctly before closing it back up.

Attachments

·
Registered
DTS
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the problem is the door switch located at the striker, I can duplicate it and make it work by pushing up on the striker when the door is open, I cleaned and lubed it but it still sticks from time to time seems the spring that pulls it up when door opens wears out over time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts