Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Silver Cadillac cts 2003
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can this be fixed?...

Its been like that since the car was bought,I can live with it but is anoying:annoyed: so i looked arrownd for prices of another radio saw arrownd 150-
300 not adding cost of installation by dealer....plus for some reason i dont get radio signal :wtf2:sometimes just white noise..lol ?!?!:hmm:
so enyone know if is fixable?

·
Registered
Silver Cadillac cts 2003
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm did some serching on ebay i found a radio cd + cassete for 50 + 15 shipping
about how much does dealership charge for programing?

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,880 Posts
The dealer will have to VIN it to your car.

However, there is a way around that. That is if you feel comfortable it taking the radios apart.

If you really want the cassette, then you'll need to put the mother board from your current radio into the new(eBay) one. If you want to keep your deck, then just swap out the display board.

KOT

·
Registered
2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"
6,414 Posts
the dealership's i have checked with normally want @ $100 to VIN program it for you...and yes you have to do this regardless what other may believe

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
the one with the tape deck is from 03, it has a built in OBD2 reader...much better, but also older.
is yours bose? is it single CD or 6 disk?

i would even try to speak with some electronic repair shops and tell them you need a new LCD, you may be able to have it rebuilt, but i dont think its going to be worth the cost of the rebuild labor... last night i took a bose 6 disk changer apart (also had to unjam it,it had 7 cds in it) out of a mazda6 to do a circuit mod so it would allow communication with a Chinese DVD/NAVI/Bluetooth/CD player that pops out of the top of the dash...
my friend counted 47 screws i took out of the thing and took it right down to the lazer sitting on the table with a circuit board in my hand..
well i got it back together and it even worked as planned!!
if i was offered $500 from someone to do it again, i would say no.

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,880 Posts
I can list the screws for ours, from the dash to the replacing the display board.

One screw behind the coin try, ash tray or whateva you wan to call that. Then four screws for the actually radio. Six screws for the face plate to remove the face of the radio from the body. Then 4 to 6 screws on the actual display board.

KOT

1 - 12 of 12 Posts