Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It may sound silly to some, but after coming across a huge stash of 8-track tapes, with all the right bands, (ac/dc, led zepplin, rolling stones, areosmith, etc), i really want to see if i can get my original am/fm/stereo/8-track head unit repaired. It does work, just very poorly, reception is horrible, and a good bump or jar and the volume goes out. it's not a wiring problem, it's definately internal.

I know there are people who repair/rebuild clocks and gauges for cars, i just wonder if anyone knows of a person who does car radios?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
ThisOldLandYacht said:
It may sound silly to some, but after coming across a huge stash of 8-track tapes, with all the right bands, (ac/dc, led zepplin, rolling stones, areosmith, etc), i really want to see if i can get my original am/fm/stereo/8-track head unit repaired. It does work, just very poorly, reception is horrible, and a good bump or jar and the volume goes out. it's not a wiring problem, it's definately internal.

I know there are people who repair/rebuild clocks and gauges for cars, i just wonder if anyone knows of a person who does car radios?

Thanks!!
My pop's got his radio repaired at a small electronics repair shop for 30 bucks. It was at a guys house check stores like that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I know there are people who repair/rebuild clocks and gauges for cars, i just wonder if anyone knows of a person who does car radios? - ThisOldLandYacht

The following web site is a business that repairs car radios. I haven't used their services but they seem a very professional outfit. Their web site includes instructions for removal of radios from the dash for many different kinds of cars. You would have to send them your radio by mail or UPS.

http://carstereohelp.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
WildFlax