Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
CTS 07
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just adquired a 07 CTS and the display on the radio doesnt work and colume doesnt work!!

im looking the best replacement in radio, and if i replace it i will lose the alerts that the radio gives, like low fuel, seatbelts, ect, ect.??

·
Registered
07' CTS-V | 07' Lux 3.6 Volant-Borla-Vsways | 08' CTS 3.6 DI Performance
969 Posts
Yes you will, the radio houses not only sounds control but also vehicle personalization settings in addition to vehicle performance information (MPG, gallons used, outside temp, oil life, transmission fluid life...etc)

Before you consider replacement options, I would diagnose this further.

Is there sound coming through the speakers and the volume is constant? Or is the volume knob just not working.
Is the steering wheel volume control working?
I'm sure you are turning on the radio correct? By pushing the volume knob (just checking it's not so obvious for new people to the car there is no dedicated power button for the radio)

Next step is I would check the wiring on the radio. Perhaps the previous owner was messing with the wiring, didn't you check the car out before buying or did this happen down the road?

If you are not a DIYer the best replacement unit is an identical unit from a reputable place with warranty (LKQ comes to mind) you'll have to take the new radio to the dealership so it can be VIN programmed to your car.

Is this the single disc or the 6-disc changer type? This isn't the Navigation unit correct?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts