Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS Luxury Sport
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys...new owner here.....I have a 2003 CTS Luxury Sport with AM/FM Cassette 6-CD w/ Bose Sound System. I am having an intermittent problem with radio reception. I have a Sirius radio installed as well but it shouldn't be affecting it. The radio will lose all reception, all I get is static although the station names still display. I had talked to the dealer about it but by the time I got down there the radio was working fine and can't re-create the problem at will...it just happens. Anyone else have this problem? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Sounds like your antenna connector is not secure in the socket. Has the dealer checked that? Also an intermittent problem with the radio sensitivity can also be caused by bad solder joints on the radio board. When it acts up give it a tap and see if it comes back.

It could also be a problem with the amp harness. Good luck and Happy Holidays!

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS Luxury Sport
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the suggestions, i'll give it a shot...Happy Holidays to you as well!!!

·
Registered
2003 CTS
174 Posts
I had the same problem my FM would go in and out real scratchy and then it would work fine for a couple of months. Now my FM went out completly but my AM & CD Player still work fine no idea here. Any ideas guys?

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS
340 Posts
same issue here

·
Registered
2003 CTS
13 Posts
Looks like I'm having the same problem with my 03 CTS too. Is it the FM tuner that died? Needs new head unit? That's what an installer suggested the problem might be, but he was just guessing without looking at the car.

·
Registered
2003 & 2007 CTS
20 Posts
I also have the same vehicle with the same audio system. I just bought the car but I have all the service records. Be aware that the Bose system is very tempermental. The car has had 2 radios and 2 cd changers replaced and both are screwed again. The problem about replacing them is if you go aftermarket you lose you DIC and all the personaliztion that goes with it. I would like to hear some feedback from other members, because I'm probably about to get hit for a thousand dollars just to get them working again and with no guarantees.

·
Registered
2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"
6,414 Posts
The problem about replacing them is if you go aftermarket you lose you DIC and all the personaliztion that goes with it.
this is far from the truth. if you do a little but of search on this forum you will find many indivduals on here who have been very succesful in saving their DIC while installing aftermarket units.

·
Registered
05' CTS
60 Posts
the problem may be in the antenna amplifier box in the rear head liner or as simple as one of the connections popping off the glass

1 - 12 of 12 Posts