Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a '06 STS with Nav. Is there any way to program it so the scan button on the steering wheel advances through the radio presets rather than scaning? With so many presets, I don't have the need to scan much and it's inconvenient to reach over to the touch screen. (I had a '05 TL that did this, and it was great.) Thanks.

·
Registered
2005 STS4 1SG
410 Posts
I don't believe this can be done. It is a frequently requested feature. Cars without Nav have a button for this, but instead you have the voice recognition button.

·
Registered
Formerly 06 STS-V, now 13 XTS
536 Posts
There was a thread in the STS-V regarding this very subject a few weeks ago.

In the 2006 models with nav like both yours and mine, the up and down buttons on the steering wheel simply do a normal scan up and scan down with no regard for the presets. The button is labeled with the + and - symbols.

Starting in the 2007 models with nav, the up button now does a preset scan while the down button still does a regular scan down. The 2007 model button is labeled with a "0-10" (I think) and a - symbol.

There is no way to program this behavior. If you have a 2006, you are stuck with the scan up and scan down function for that button.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts