Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 SRX. The radio was recalled by GM because it was not saving the stations or favorites. Tonight I have a new problem. The radio/nav system won't hang up my phone...even though my phone is not on. Since the system thinks the phone is on, my radio won't work and my radio does not shut off when the car is off. Not sure what this will do to my battery. Anyone else having this problem? I hate dealing with my local dealer. They have terrible customer service and rarely return phone calls to make appointments. But if my battery lasts until Monday, I'll need to take it in to get it checked out.

Thanks.

12,778 Posts
Hello Lynn,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing radio concerns with your SRX. Additionally, I am more than happy to locate a dealership of your preference to look further into this situation. Please provide me with your VIN, mileage, phone number, and the distance you are willing to travel if this is of interest. Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you soon.

Kind Regards,

Brandon M.
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
11 SRX + (74 Eldorado Back in the day)
55 Posts
I was very happy to have a radio flash that fixed the nav not holding any locations, like Home. But 3 days later back up camera started acting weird. All white screen or 1/2 screen or normal operation. Going back to dealer, as I have no problem with them, just the 80 mile drive to get there...

12,778 Posts
I was very happy to have a radio flash that fixed the nav not holding any locations, like Home. But 3 days later back up camera started acting weird. All white screen or 1/2 screen or normal operation. Going back to dealer, as I have no problem with them, just the 80 mile drive to get there...
Good morning BobVVue,

I’m glad to see that the radio flash resolved the navigation issue you were experiencing, but I can understand how this backup camera situation would be frustrating so shortly after your last dealership visit. I would be happy to reach out to the dealership on your behalf to help schedule an appointment. If you are interested, please send a PM my way and we can further discuss your options.

Have a great day,

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
2018 XT5
594 Posts
I have a 2011 SRX. The radio was recalled by GM because it was not saving the stations or favorites. Tonight I have a new problem. The radio/nav system won't hang up my phone...even though my phone is not on. Since the system thinks the phone is on, my radio won't work and my radio does not shut off when the car is off. Not sure what this will do to my battery. Anyone else having this problem? I hate dealing with my local dealer. They have terrible customer service and rarely return phone calls to make appointments. But if my battery lasts until Monday, I'll need to take it in to get it checked out.

Thanks.
I think this is a GM gremlin as my 14 Vette and 15 SRX has had no sound from the radio after the Bluetooth connects to the phone once in a great while. Can't remember what I did last time to get sound back but other times I had to shut down and restart.

·
Registered
2015 SRX performance
22 Posts
i have had a similar problem since i bought my 15 in november...the hang up button on the steering wheel will only hang up when the call goes to voicemail. not if you hang up while the phone is still ringing, and not till the other person hangs up on the other end if i am in a conversation... had it in to holman cadillac in mt laurel nj 3 times. each time they tell me it's fixed. i got tired of telling them

1 - 6 of 6 Posts