Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a deal on a 91 Deville. The car has a few minor issues, one of which is a radio that isnt working. I have two questions:

Is there a fuse or something internal that I can check?

How do I take the unit out of the dash?

it is not a Bose system and this is my first Cadillac. Any help or direction would be much appreicated.

Bob W.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
thx1158 said:
I got a deal on a 91 Deville. The car has a few minor issues, one of which is a radio that isnt working. I have two questions:

Is there a fuse or something internal that I can check?

How do I take the unit out of the dash?

it is not a Bose system and this is my first Cadillac. Any help or direction would be much appreicated.

Bob W.
There should be a fuse in the fuse box for your radio that is the first thing that i would check, if that doesn't work you are going to have to rip apart the dash to remove the unit. to rip apart the dash you need to look for screws and clips. Start pulling on things to see how its held together. But be careful not to break it b/c the car is "older" and things are a little rotted espically the wood trim if ytou have that.

·
Registered
247 Posts
This reminds me of when I first got my Caddy. I didn't know squat about fuses or anything. My radio was messed up, so I took it out the dash, then took the thing apart. Obviously nothing was wrong. Come to find out, I had like 3 fuses blown. I felt so dumb.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HollywoodHicks1 said:
This reminds me of when I first got my Caddy. I didn't know squat about fuses or anything. My radio was messed up, so I took it out the dash, then took the thing apart. Obviously nothing was wrong. Come to find out, I had like 3 fuses blown. I felt so dumb.
I'm going to spend tomorrow going over the fuses...any one know what ones control the radio?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HollywoodHicks1 said:
Man I don't even remember which ones. I know that for the radio, I had to change 2 fuses.
I checked all ther fuses in the box...all good. I'm going to pull the radio tomorrow...Maybe there is something internal....thanks to everyone who has responded.

·
Registered
2 Posts
thx1158 said:
I checked all ther fuses in the box...all good. I'm going to pull the radio tomorrow...Maybe there is something internal....thanks to everyone who has responded.
Did you find anything wrong? I am having the same problem.

Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
delaneo said:
Did you find anything wrong? I am having the same problem.

Thanks
I checked all the fuses and ended up pulling the radio out and replacing it with a Pioneere cd player from Crutchfield. I checked a junk yard and they wanted $65.00 for a unit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
5 Participants
thx1158