Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had two 2005 Caddy Devilles. My first had radio install, plug and play with aftermarket speakers in doors with amp to run to all four 5.25 door speakers. That car is gone now I have the same radio from the last caddy and would like to know if I can just put the old aftermarket radio in and that already has the kit and wire harness. Plus can this work if i change all the speakers (2-ohm) and use an aftermarket radio. i really want to do everthing myself but caddys are tricky. any help is great. thanks. looking to buy new door speakers 2-ohm.

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
6,281 Posts
proceed with caution. Lots of things (such as the security system) run through the head unit. Start hacking wires and splicing and you could end up with a car that won't start. Our resident expert on such things is Ron93. Maybe he'll chime in with help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
proceed with caution. Lots of things (such as the security system) run through the head unit. Start hacking wires and splicing and you could end up with a car that won't start. Our resident expert on such things is Ron93. Maybe he'll chime in with help.
Thank you!

·
Registered
2000 Deville Base, 2019 Corvette GS
1,383 Posts
I am a little confused on what you have and what you want to do. Tell me about the car, what was done to it and what equipment you would like to put in it. Keep it simple.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am a little confused on what you have and what you want to do. Tell me about the car, what was done to it and what equipment you would like to put in it. Keep it simple.
Well nothing yet. I have an aftermarket radio that I took out of my other caddy (same car/year). It has the in-dash kit and wire harness already. You just plug and play. I want to just throw that in there and install new speakers in my doors (5.25) they are blown. I was looking to install 2-ohm speakers since that is what I think they call for. I hope this is enough info. I really want to do the work myslef but I dont want my own horror story and a pissed off wife. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Well nothing yet. I have an aftermarket radio that I took out of my other caddy (same car/year). It has the in-dash kit and wire harness already. You just plug and play. I want to just throw that in there and install new speakers in my doors (5.25) they are blown. I was looking to install 2-ohm speakers since that is what I think they call for. I hope this is enough info. I really want to do the work myslef but I dont want my own horror story and a pissed off wife. Thanks in advance.
The correct interface for your car is a PAC OS-2-32 or PAC OS2-GM32X which is the updated version but both will work. This will retain all chimes and Onstar (WITH UPGRADE).You don't need a wiring harness as the Pac IS the wiring harness. You would need a separate module to retain the steering wheel controls and that is a PAC Swi-cp2 or a Axxess ASWC-1 with the Axxess being the better of the two in my opinion as it is a little faster and less prone to malfunctioning over time. The dash kit is a Metra 95-2005 and you also will need a Metra 40-GM10 Antenna Adapter. Yes the car takes 2 ohm 5.25 round speakers. This a very simple install and should take no longer than 1 hour. Here is my 2000 Deville with the Kenwood 574S:

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Man you are awesome! Thank you so much for your time and help. Have a great day!
Don't forget when I say the Pac is the wiring harness I assume you know you still need the aftermarket radio's harness to go into the Pac and then obviously the Pac plugs into the cars harness (last picture). ALL PLUG AND PLAY. Good luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So my radio install was great. Installed a 600w amp and one 12" sub and everything sounds great. Ordered 2ohm 5.25 speakers for my doors and once I got them off the speaker said 4ohms. Has anyone had this issue. I installed the 2ohms to still see how it sounds and the highs was a little better but everybody and everything I looked up keep saying 2ohms. they are 5.25 Powerbass 2ohm. Pain to find but I am thinking I will return and go with 4 ohm, so many better options. Just reaching out to see if swithing to 4 would be better or just keep the 2. thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
So my radio install was great. Installed a 600w amp and one 12" sub and everything sounds great. Ordered 2ohm 5.25 speakers for my doors and once I got them off the speaker said 4ohms. Has anyone had this issue. I installed the 2ohms to still see how it sounds and the highs was a little better but everybody and everything I looked up keep saying 2ohms. they are 5.25 Powerbass 2ohm. Pain to find but I am thinking I will return and go with 4 ohm, so many better options. Just reaching out to see if swithing to 4 would be better or just keep the 2. thanks.
Don't know how you wound up with 4 ohm speakers. Anyway what is your amp rated for?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The amp is a pain to get to and even when you look up the model number 09387426, you cannot find any specs on it. I did some more reading and the front are 2 ohm and the rear are 4 ohm. So, I am just going to order 4 ohm for the rear and install the 2ohm in the front. Thanks for your response.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts