Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1977 Coupe DEVILLE
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help,

I am trying to install a radio in my 77 Deville. I looked up the Scosche Radio adapter harness and it returned with a GM01. All other websites seem to show the same harness for the car. How ever this harness does not match up to the wires on my 77s radio. It appears to be a factory original 8 trac that I took out. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there one available that would save me from cutting into the factory wires?

·
Registered
None
10 Posts
Do you have pictures that you can post up? That harness is the same as Metra's 40-1677 that I'm use to working with and it only works on select mid 80s Cadillacs.

·
Registered
None
10 Posts
My bad, fat fingered the part number, 70-1677 is the same as Scosche GM01

----------

Not sure if this was ever an option on Cadillacs, but on some GM cars there was a rear mounted 8 track player. Maybe take a look and see if the reproduction harnesses extensions have the same plugs, then you can just cut the male end off an wire your radio harness direct to that. Something like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-69-70-7...TRACK-CONSOLE-EXTENSION-HARNESS-/350636101995

·
Registered
1977 Coupe DEVILLE
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wire.jpg radio.jpg

Best pics I could get, it does not look like your harness is a match. Your metra looks just like the scosche I bought yesterday. At this point I may have to hardwire the radio.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My bad, fat fingered the part number, 70-1677 is the same as Scosche GM01

----------

Not sure if this was ever an option on Cadillacs, but on some GM cars there was a rear mounted 8 track player. Maybe take a look and see if the reproduction harnesses extensions have the same plugs, then you can just cut the male end off an wire your radio harness direct to that. Something like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-69-70-7...TRACK-CONSOLE-EXTENSION-HARNESS-/350636101995

View attachment 301337 View attachment 301345

Best pics I could get, it does not look like your harness is a match. Your metra looks just like the scosche I bought yesterday. At this point I may have to hardwire the radio.
I’m having the same issue did you ever find a harness or what was your solution

·
Registered
49 Posts
BCC: Let me see if I understand your predicament.
You're trying to use the Scosche GM01 connector to plug into the factory radio itself?
I have a GM01 for my 77 Deville that I bought when I thought I was going to install an aftermarket radio. I believe that connector is to be hard wired to the Caddy dash wiring then used to plug in the plugs from an after market radio, not directly into the factory radio. When I went with a Retrosound radio I had to cut out all the old factory plugs from the factory radio and splice in the wiring jumpers and plugs to the Retrosound radio.Nightmare, but I did it. Never did use the GM01 connector.
Hope that helps.
Andrew in NH

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
5,911 Posts
BCC: Let me see if I understand your predicament.
You're trying to use the Scosche GM01 connector to plug into the factory radio itself?
I have a GM01 for my 77 Deville that I bought when I thought I was going to install an aftermarket radio. I believe that connector is to be hard wired to the Caddy dash wiring then used to plug in the plugs from an after market radio, not directly into the factory radio. When I went with a Retrosound radio I had to cut out all the old factory plugs from the factory radio and splice in the wiring jumpers and plugs to the Retrosound radio.Nightmare, but I did it. Never did use the GM01 connector. Hope that helps. Andrew in NH
good info and will be useful to someone. unfortunately, BCC hasn't logged on in 5.5 years.

·
Registered
49 Posts
DOH! How come we have been seeing old post's as of late?
Guess I should learn to look at the original posting date, before I reply.:(
Well, I guess in the future, if it could help out someone else, then all is well and good, and my response effort won't be in vain.
Andrew in NH.

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
5,911 Posts
DOH! How come we have been seeing old post's as of late?
Guess I should learn to look at the original posting date, before I reply.:(
Well, I guess in the future, if it could help out someone else, then all is well and good, and my response effort won't be in vain.
Andrew in NH.
reaching out to help is never a bad thing. Besides the post date, you can hover over a member's avatar and a box will pop up telling you when they were last logged on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts