Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1977 Coupe DEVILLE
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help,

I am trying to install a radio in my 77 Deville. I looked up the Scosche Radio adapter harness and it returned with a GM01. All other websites seem to show the same harness for the car. How ever this harness does not match up to the wires on my 77s radio. It appears to be a factory original 8 trac that I took out. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there one available that would save me from cutting into the factory wires?

·
Registered
None
10 Posts
Do you have pictures that you can post up? That harness is the same as Metra's 40-1677 that I'm use to working with and it only works on select mid 80s Cadillacs.

·
Registered
None
10 Posts
My bad, fat fingered the part number, 70-1677 is the same as Scosche GM01

----------

Not sure if this was ever an option on Cadillacs, but on some GM cars there was a rear mounted 8 track player. Maybe take a look and see if the reproduction harnesses extensions have the same plugs, then you can just cut the male end off an wire your radio harness direct to that. Something like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-69-70-71-72-PONTIAC-GRAND-PRIX-DELCO-RADIO-8-TRACK-CONSOLE-EXTENSION-HARNESS-/350636101995

·
Registered
1977 Coupe DEVILLE
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wire.jpg radio.jpg

Best pics I could get, it does not look like your harness is a match. Your metra looks just like the scosche I bought yesterday. At this point I may have to hardwire the radio.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts