Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1985 fleetwood brougham with only 69k
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
Have a 1985 fleetwood brougham, symphony sound radio love it best sounding radio ever in all may cars,but it does not display the channel or time etc. Only has 1's or 0's is it as easy as cleaning the connections with crc and if so how the &[email protected] do you get the radio out?
thanks foir looking,
brody

·
Registered
'84 Eldorado and Seville
1,479 Posts
I doubt CRC will fix that. Those radio's capacitor's get old and fail and no telling what else.

I couldn't find a photo of a '85 dash. The '86 that I found it appears you have to remove the radio knobs and possibly the trim bezel pulls off I don't know for sure. Could be screwed in place too. I suspect the radio behind the bezel is held in place by bolts in a support frame.

M & R Electronics in MI (you can google that) does radio repair and they can add an aux MP3 input jack also. Contact them and they can give you more details.

·
Registered
1980 FBC
3,215 Posts
Last time I had that problem I punched the dash and that fixed it until I sold the car.

The radio comes out by removing both sideways hvac vents. There are plas-dick tabs that get pulled toward the center under tension. Don't use too much force or the tabs will stay bent. The vents need to be aiming up or down.

Then you can get to two vertical screws holding the top of the bezel.

The nuts on the radio shafts come off.

Two Phillips head screws left and right near bottom of bezel come out.

Radio itself comes out by unscrewing nuts. There's going to be one screw on a little bracket on the rear of the radio. That screw faces forward.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts